• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX on a hosted Microsoft Hyper-V VPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basaran

Reaction score
Hello,

I was interested in installing 3CX on a hosted Microsoft Hyper-V VPS from http://www.vpswebserver.com. I am not familiar with hosted VPS to much and was wondering if I would run into any issues with installing 3CX this way. Would I have to have to host configure the VPS a special way or can I just remote login and install 3CX normally? I work for a small company and at most we would only have 4 concurrent calls. Any help would be greatly appreciated - Thanks

Basaran said:
Hello,

I was interested in installing 3CX on a hosted Microsoft Hyper-V VPS from http://www.vpswebserver.com. I am not familiar with hosted VPS to much and was wondering if I would run into any issues with installing 3CX this way. Would I have to have to host configure the VPS a special way or can I just remote login and install 3CX normally? I work for a small company and at most we would only have 4 concurrent calls. Any help would be greatly appreciated - Thanks

What you want to do is absolutely possible! If you took this route, you would have to have the Proxy Manager installed on a computer, pointing to the ip address of the server that your 3cx Manager is installed on. In order for that to work, you'd need to set up the tunnel on the 3cx server, which requires a couple clicks, and the ability to remember a password :)

Thanks for the info ;)

8| Thanks,very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YBow
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.