3CX on a Terminal Server

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Cynthia Slade, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cynthia Slade

We have a new 3CX install tomorrow (present system died today) In anticipation of going from V10 to V11 we are considering installing on a 2003 server presently being used as a terminal server (for 1 user only). Has anyone installed on a TS and/or are there any problems in doing so? Only other servers are running SQl and Exchange. Thanks for all feedback!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The most important considerations would be the speed of the processor, the amount of memory and hard drive space available.
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/supported-windows-versions/

3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I am afraid more detail is needed. You don't indicate how big a 3CX install nor how the 2003 server is configured. More than likely, you are good to go, but without knowing more, there is some possibility of a problem.

4. Cynthia Slade

Thank you for your replies. Sorry I was not clearer that my concern was with a possible problem/conflict with Terminal Server Services running on the same server. The 2003 server has more than adequate prossessor, hard drive and memory. This is a very small install (under 10 users). Thanks again

5. netswork

netswork Active Member

As long as you install 3cx under the administrator account you should be fine. I also would not install it with the server in install mode, like you normally would with applications on a terminal server. There should be no need for the terminal service user to access the 3cx application.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Cynthia Slade

UPDATE: Installed on Terminal Server and all is working just fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.