Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX on Debian 9.2 Cinnamon

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Grad, Dec 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grad

Hi

Following link at
    https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/linux-version-9-stretch/
    I was able to install and do the initial configure of 3CX om Debian 9.2 without difficulty. Must be good instructions!

However when I used Synaptic Package Manager to Update, I clicked "Mark All upgrades". Under the warning " To Be Removed" is listed 3cxpbx. The first time, I proceeded, (because my finger is faster than my brain) my shiny new 3CX was completely deleted.

Other than avoiding upgrades, How do I avoid this? I'm still new at Linux.

Thanks.

2. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

Just reinstall. The config files are still there.

You should follow the update instructions on the main page using apt-get for best results.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 jimbo59, Dec 5, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  3. Teks

I have the same issue - however in my case we had auto-updates turned on so all of a sudden one day 3cxpbx was no longer installed...

Needless to say this caused some issues.

I couldn't even perform a reinstall as for some bizzare reason the 3cxpbx package relies on a specific outdated version of libcurl which caused conflicts.

Looking in the forums this same issue appears to have happened before with people using debian 9.2 before it was officially supported - as this is now the official version this is obviously a bug that needs to be addressed.

The workaround that got us back up and running was to downgrade to the specified libcurl version and then mark the package on hold however obviously this is not a long-term solution:

sudo apt-get install libicu52 libssl1.0.0 libcurl3=7.38.0-4+deb8u5
    sudo apt-mark hold libcurl3
    sudo apt-get install 3cxpbx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.