3CX on Debian Log On issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Grad, Aug 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grad

Hi. I have a linux mint new install, with a new install or Oracles VM Virtual Box Manager.

I installed the 3CX on Debian to it. It appeared to run to completion, and I configured it via the command line without apparent issues until it reached the page giving instructions on how to log on.

I then opened a firefox browser on my main machine and attempted to log on via the given IP then with the FQDN info given.

Firefox stuttered with the usual security warnings and thereafter said Unable to Connect, because the site was busy.

Ive cleared errors and certification files, but am completely unable to connect. Debian8 in the virtualwindow is asking for a username password, which I believe was probably assigned by 3CX, since nothing I have works.

So I have a conundrum.Even though I dont know if VirtualBox is on the approved list, Itdoes looks like I have a working 3CX program, but I cannot access it. Since Debian is locked down, I cant install a browser into it.

Suggestions?

I think my machine is fast enough to easily handle 3cx on an unlocked full Debian in a virtual box.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Grad

Please note that your virtualisation platform is not supported therefor not tested so we cannot guarantee the correct operation of the system.
    What i can advise is that the SSH access password is not set by us but you are asked during the installation so you should be able to access the Debian installation via SSH.
    Have you used a 3cx FQDN or your own?
    I would recommend installing the phone system to a supported platform to avoid any issues that might be related to that

3. Grad

Thanks YiannisH_3CX. I hear clearly your message that VirtualBox is not supported.

I'm using the Oracle VirtualBox because VM Box is not supported by Linux Mint. More to the point, Even after some hours, I could not get it loaded and working.

I am however using a 3CX FQDN. When I use that address to attempt a log in, ( On Chromium this time ) the response back is "This Page isn't working...Err_empty_Response".

I don't recall using a password on the Debian installation. I will try again.

Question. What are the chances of an installation to a generic Unix Mint?

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

As we have not tested this i cannot really say. For now the only supported platform is Debian 8. Debian 9 is currently being tested
    https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/linux-version-9-stretch/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.