Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX on EVO 4G

Discussion in 'Android' started by rtych, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rtych

I intalled 3cx on a HTC EVO 4G Sprint phone, of all the SIP software i have used this one gives me the best sound quality, cant wait for G729 support. It works perfect on Sprint 3G network but when i switch to 4G, i cannot log into my sip provider. Is there a different setup so it works on sprint 4G network.

2. jamesdean

I ask this same question back in October and there has been no response. I guess we're SOL on 4G. CSipsimple does work with 4G though.

3. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

G729 is most possibly not going to be supported for now as it is a codec YOU need you pay for.
    It's a licensed codec that does not come for free.

There are plans that when Android phones allow direct PayPal payments, we will allow people to buy a license for G729 and use it with the 3CXPhone.
    But for now, that's not supported.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.