• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX on HP Media Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike305

Reaction score
Just wanted to ask the question if it was possible to setup a 3cx system on a HP MediaSmart Server that runs windows home server?
No monitor support. Requires a pc to get it started.

Newegg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16859105562&cm_re=media_smart-_-59-105-562-_-Product

Im looking for a small dedicated server for my business phone system.

Thank You

You shouldn't have any problems once you get WHS set up. All you need to do is RDP in as Administrator and install it that way. I just setup 3CX on a system last week through RDP. It wasn't WHS but knowing how my WHS at home works I don't forsee any problems.

Don't forget that Windows Home Server is not one of the supported OS's for 3CX (but having said that it will probably work fine).

You state...

'for my business phone system'

... so will you be sorting out paid support from 3CX as well as you don't want any down time ?. I'm only presuming this but it may be that suport coudl be refused due to the OS on the hardware ?.

Thanks for the reply!

No support needed.. I have it all setup working just fine right now .. but would like a permanent server to keep on 24hours. (low power, low noise, and being able to backup my systems)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.