• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX on HTC EVO. Keys double tap when in call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mint

Reaction score
Hello,
So, I love the 3CX phone. It works great...mostly. I'm using the 3CXPhone on my EVO to register with my FreeSWITCH server. I can place calls and everything works great, except when I'm using an IVR (i.e. Voicemail, Front end Menu, etc.).

When I am in a call and need to press a number to respond, it double taps my key and the menu doesn't understand my response. I've tried the echo cancellation feature, but it didn't help.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Or more importantly know how to fix it?

mint said:
When I am in a call and need to press a number to respond, it double taps my key and the menu doesn't understand my response. I've tried the echo cancellation feature, but it didn't help.
Hi

Touchtones can affect the DR ONLY in case when phone has DTMF mode set as "inband" - so please check this in Advanced/DTMF section of account settings. However, regardless this setting, please try to switch audio to Earpiece and see if this issue still happen and tell me the result.

Regards
vali

P.S. As an amusing but useful incident: while doing some tests with my "100" 3CXPhone for Android connected to my 3CX PBX, I had a similar problem like yours. Obviously, exactly like you, I suspected audio interference - but DTMF were set to RFC. So, lucky me, I had the good inspiration to check on the PBX the voicemail pin I've set for "100" some time ago: it was not 100, as I desperatedly tried, but a different number :mrgreen:

Vali_3CX said:
mint said:
Hi

Touchtones can affect the DR ONLY in case when phone has DTMF mode set as "inband" - so please check this in Advanced/DTMF section of account settings. However, regardless this setting, please try to switch audio to Earpiece and see if this issue still happen and tell me the result.

Regards
vali

P.S. As an amusing but useful incident: while doing some tests with my "100" 3CXPhone for Android connected to my 3CX PBX, I had a similar problem like yours. Obviously, exactly like you, I suspected audio interference - but DTMF were set to RFC. So, lucky me, I had the good inspiration to check on the PBX the voicemail pin I've set for "100" some time ago: it was not 100, as I desperatedly tried, but a different number :mrgreen:

I actually just came across this problem today after a software upgrade for 3cx softphone. I switched the DTMF method from RFC-2833 to SIP-Info and that solved the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davide.luppi
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.