3cx on Microsoft Server 2008

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by shark95763, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shark95763

Hi people,

Does anyone have experience or know if 3cx runs on a windows 2008 server?

regards,

shark

2. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

If you are comfortable with this very new system - make try. I would not recommend to use it so early.
    But big anvantage of 2008 is a feature to work without GUI. This is very good for VOIP platform.

3. landfiets

landfiets New Member

Just try how it works, and maybe you can setup just a few providers for testing, put the logging on verbose, and see how it goes from the beginning with starting all the services etc.

I really think it shouldn' t be a big problem at all. Just check if 3CX gave you as the administrator all the rights for the Database etc. A newer Windows Server means normally, more security, more configuring.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

I have a spare server with 2008 on it. I will give it a try and let you know very soon. Unless you want to run it on a virtual machine running 2008 as core won't work, at least I don't think so. I'll try that as a 2nd test but it will take a bit longer since i have to format and re-install.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. oldknock

I am very interested in this topic. You go, RobLloyd!

6. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

I think I have some time now to give this a full workout.

What do you guys want to hear about first? I have 2008 already installed with the full gui. A core install might be 2nd.

I will post installation problems, firewall issues/tweaks, etc. I don't make or receive many calls but I will test out what I can using NexVortex.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.