• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX on Mobile - No Audio on same LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

nfletcher2

Reaction score
We have a customer that we setup a 3CX based phone system for. They requested that we set it up so that they could access their extensions on their mobile phones, or setup unique extensions for users in the field on their phones. We have been testing with a single user. We sent her the same configuration file that she has as her phone in office. Everything works when they are out in the field.

The problem occurs when they are in the office. If they are on the same LAN as the phone system, the app fails to register I have validated that the wireless she connects to is not getting filtered by a firewall and is on the same layer 2 network.

They are currently on 3CX version 14. She is using an Android based phone.

Thoughts?

Internally, is the mobile registering to the servers IP or FQDN? Does the 3CX Activity Log show a registration attempt, but a rejection? Could the local IP that the phone is being assigned, blacklisted by 3CX?

Hello @nfletcher2

Please note that V14 is unsupported. In order to provide you with further assistance you must upgrade your system to the latest version.

At the moment though, what i could advice you to do so, is that you could check the Account's details in the app. Do you see your PBX's Local IP under SERVER SETTINGS>>Local PBX IP?
In addition:
Is your LAN 's IP range inside the appropriate ranges as described by the guide?
You could try re-sending the Welcome Email and replicate the scenario again.

Thank you

Internally, is the mobile registering to the servers IP or FQDN? Does the 3CX Activity Log show a registration attempt, but a rejection? Could the local IP that the phone is being assigned, blacklisted by 3CX?

The internal Local PBX IP is the internal IP (192.168.121.252) of the 3CX server and the External PBX IP is the public FQDN. I don't think it is getting blacklisted but to be sure I whitelisted the whole LAN and will have the user re-test.

Hello @nfletcher2

Please note that V14 is unsupported. In order to provide you with further assistance you must upgrade your system to the latest version.

At the moment though, what i could advice you to do so, is that you could check the Account's details in the app. Do you see your PBX's Local IP under SERVER SETTINGS>>Local PBX IP?
In addition:
Is your LAN 's IP range inside the appropriate ranges as described by the guide?
You could try re-sending the Welcome Email and replicate the scenario again.

Thank you

You don't support 1 previous version?

Yes, the IP under Local PBX is the local IP of the 3CX server and the IP is on the network of 192.168.121.0/24. Also, we have re-sent the config email several times as we have been troubleshooting this for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.