3cx on Windows Home Server

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by paulsbiz, Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulsbiz

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and have done a search on running 3cx on WHS but have not found anything. My apologies if it's covered elswhere.

I've been given the job of choosing a telephone system for our new Church office. Having done a bit of research I believe that 3cx fits the requirements well and have downloaded and tried the free version on my notebook PC (WindowsXP) with sipgate.

As the current idea is to use a Windows Home Server for office PC backup and access to shared folders my question is would it be possible to run 3cx on the WHS box, as I understand WHS is based on Windows Server 2003.

Has anyone done this and if it's possible does anyone have any tips on how to do it without risking corruption of WHS?

Paul Cooper
    Rugby
    UK

2. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

Hello Paul,

It should work fine, not that I recall anyone's reported they've tested it yet.

Since we're 3CX and MS partners, I should have a copy of Home server around the office. If I get a chance this week i'll install it and give it a go.

If you need any other help, give us a shout - the number's in the sig.

Cheers,
    Mike.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. paulsbiz

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the offer of help. I might well need it being a newbie to 3cx and WHS. I would be interested to know if you have a chance to try it.

I assume that with a headless WHS box like the HP MediaSmart Server one would have to install it via a remote desktop connection, or is there a way of installing 3cx as a WHS Add-In via the WHS console?

Perhaps I should be asking you this on a WHS forum :)

Regards,
    Paul

4. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

Hi Paul,

It looks like my last reply bit the dust in the ether.

What I said was that I always install 3cx and other programs on all my 2003 servers via RDP anyway, so it shouldn't be an issue having to do this on Home server.

Also if you need someone to talk turkey as regards hardware, drop me a line.

Cheers,
    Mike.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.