Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx on Windows XP workstation

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by oliverm, Jul 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oliverm

Anyone here running 3cx on XP? We have a need for a tiny remote site (3 users, 4 phones). There isnt a budget for a new server but they do have a fairly new dual core Windows XP box running 4GB of ram.

Is there any reason that 3cx wont run on an XP box? Is Win Server a requirement at all?

OLly

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Should run just fine. During the install you can choose the Abyss web server or you can install IIS for XP and use that. Either way it should run just fine.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It used to be the case, that XP Pro was required. There was a discussion a while back, that was a bit inconclusive, as to whether it would run on the XP home version.

I run it on an Atom (N270) , 2 GB memory 160GB HD, XP Pro, with never an issue.

4. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

I have a happy customer running 3CX on Windows XP. He has 3 VoIP lines, 6 users, 10 phones.
    Specs computer: AMD X2 4850e, XP Pro SP3, 2GB of ram.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. willow

willow Member

I have run the system on xp pro and xp home editions. I normally go with the abyss web server as it will allow more connections. XP is a good choice for budget minded customers with scheduled maintenance windows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.