• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx on Windows XP workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.

oliverm

Reaction score
Anyone here running 3cx on XP? We have a need for a tiny remote site (3 users, 4 phones). There isnt a budget for a new server but they do have a fairly new dual core Windows XP box running 4GB of ram.

Is there any reason that 3cx wont run on an XP box? Is Win Server a requirement at all?

OLly

Should run just fine. During the install you can choose the Abyss web server or you can install IIS for XP and use that. Either way it should run just fine.

It used to be the case, that XP Pro was required. There was a discussion a while back, that was a bit inconclusive, as to whether it would run on the XP home version.

I run it on an Atom (N270) , 2 GB memory 160GB HD, XP Pro, with never an issue.

Hi,

I have a happy customer running 3CX on Windows XP. He has 3 VoIP lines, 6 users, 10 phones.
Specs computer: AMD X2 4850e, XP Pro SP3, 2GB of ram.

I have run the system on xp pro and xp home editions. I normally go with the abyss web server as it will allow more connections. XP is a good choice for budget minded customers with scheduled maintenance windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leowong
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.