3cx on XP on Czech operating system

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Hanzz, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hanzz

Hello,

please.....has anybody installed 3cx in its latest version (7.1.7139) on PC with XP-Pro and has WORKING PROMPTS or MOH ?
    I installed 3cx on 5 independent PC's with XP (IIS/Cassini, clenWIN/full updated WIN...and many many other varied opts.) and always with NO prompts. Only 3cx on Vista worked.....

Thanks very much for any answer.

2. discovery1

discovery1 Member

Re: 3cx on XP ?? I'am not sure

I have several clients running XP Pro SP2/SP3 and everything is working including prompts.
    If you click on one of the WAV files used for prompts on the 3CX machine does it play?
    No audio when you play the file means you have a problem that needs to be fixed that is not 3CX related.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Hanzz

Thank you very much for you replay.
    If I click on wav files, I CAN hear them....all of them, even MP3 files. I can hear also MOH music file.

.....I think prompts works but I cant only hear them:

There is a strange behaviour:
    I dial 999...nothing is heard......just silence.......when I press 100# I can hear "You have no messages". This is the only one prompt I have ever heard from 3cx. After this prompts should be another prompts but I cant hear them again. (I know there are some another prompts from other PC's with Vista)

This behaviour is the same on all 5 computers with XP. No 999 prompts (except that one), no digital rcpt. prompts, no MOH sound.....
    I have only XP licenses on servers, I cant use Vista for 3cx....Please any idea will be apreciated. Thanks a lot.

4. Hanzz

For all other users with non-english XP:

3cx prompts doesnt work in version 7.1. and non english XP.
    Older versions dont have this problem, also English XPdoesnt have this problem.
    Only v7.1 in combination with non-english XP

5. polyphemos

I just installed 7.1 on a machine with Swedish XP and have noticed no problems with prompts. The same machine has been running various previous versions since 5.1.

Sometimes missing sound issues can be related to settings for re-invite and replaces. Try disabling those for your external line (under Advanced tab in the settings for each line).

6. Hanzz

Thank you very much for your report. I'am sorry, I didnt write it very presicely.
    I want to leave message to another beggining users with 3cx like I'am, that some non-english XP's may have problems with prompts. Expecialy in version 7.1.
    I have seen a report about this of another user on another VOIP forum and I have also tested it myself.

Example:
    1) I downloaded versin 6 on my czech XP, prompts worked !
    2) I installed english XP, prompts worked !
    3) If I install XP-CZ and 3cx 7.1 prompts doesnt work at all......

I have tested everything, checkboxes you mentioned, servicepacks, clean WIN /full updated WIN.....codecs, players, firewalls, logs, wireshark.......it tookm me hours and hours. I have only one finish, there must be someting wrong in V7.1 in combination with out national XP.

7. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi guys

The problem is because application data in Czech " Data aplikací " has í which is Non-Ascii.

we are working on a fix that will resolve this - I will advise when done.

thanks for your patience

nicky

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

This applies for Czech users only

This applies for the languages that have NON ASCII characters in the windows folder path example: Data aplikací

Please uninstall 3CX and install this version:

Download from : http://www.3cx.com/downloads/v7test/3CXPhoneSystem71_8137.exe

Let me know on the progress you make with this version.

Fixes are the following:

Music on hold can be played
    Fax service starts now
    Media server is file/location aware
    Phonesystem is file/location aware

I will be monitoring the post for any problems you might encounter from today through this week.

Thanks and regards

9. Hanzz

Hi Nicky,

Yes, it W O R K S !!
    Thanks a lot !

10. bobo8

The link isn't functional. Should I install ver. 8 berta?

11. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

yes because that link was posted some time ago.

Yes install Version 8.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.