• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX outbound route to gxw4104 PSTN

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmorrison

Reaction score
hello

I have 2 pots lines connected to gxw4104. I line will be used for local dialing (line 1) and the other used for int dialing (line 2). each line was created as a separate pstn device in 3cx. In the outbound route config in 3cx local dialing and int dialing were each set to their corresponding device. The issues is when a call is made from 3cx extension for some reason the gxw is intermittently choosing any of the two lines regardless of the configuration in 3cx. Please let me know what causing this issue.

My idea is to set the sip port to 5060 and 5062 for each pstn device created in 3cx since they will have the same ip this should make 3cx see them as two different device

any suggestion is appreciated

jmorrison said:
The issues is when a call is made from 3cx extension for some reason the gxw is intermittently choosing any of the two lines regardless of the configuration in 3cx. Please let me know what causing this issue.

The 3CX log, showing an outbound call, would show if it is 3CX that is choosing the "wrong" route.

jmorrison said:
My idea is to set the sip port to 5060 and 5062 for each pstn device created in 3cx since they will have the same ip this should make 3cx see them as two different device

For most multi line devices, that's the way it works when lines are set-up as different trunk groups. Some gateways require a different prefix to select the specific trunk.

thanks for the suggestions. I will try out these and see if the issue is resolved....will provide update shortly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.