3CX outbound route to gxw4104 PSTN

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jmorrison, Jan 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmorrison

hello

I have 2 pots lines connected to gxw4104. I line will be used for local dialing (line 1) and the other used for int dialing (line 2). each line was created as a separate pstn device in 3cx. In the outbound route config in 3cx local dialing and int dialing were each set to their corresponding device. The issues is when a call is made from 3cx extension for some reason the gxw is intermittently choosing any of the two lines regardless of the configuration in 3cx. Please let me know what causing this issue.

My idea is to set the sip port to 5060 and 5062 for each pstn device created in 3cx since they will have the same ip this should make 3cx see them as two different device

any suggestion is appreciated

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The 3CX log, showing an outbound call, would show if it is 3CX that is choosing the "wrong" route.

For most multi line devices, that's the way it works when lines are set-up as different trunk groups. Some gateways require a different prefix to select the specific trunk.

3. jmorrison

thanks for the suggestions. I will try out these and see if the issue is resolved....will provide update shortly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.