• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Outlook Add-in runtime error (Not loaded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn

Free User
Reaction score
I just installed the outlook client side integration as a test on one extension running outlook 2010 on their station. everything went as noted in https://www.3cx.com/docs/microsoft-outlook/

when i go to the outlook integration options in the 3cx windows client, i get the 'error occurred trying to connect.....'

i checked the add-in page in outlook 2010 and the 3cx COM add-in is listed but under load behavior is has noted: "Not loaded. A runtime error occurred during the loading of the COM Add-in"

I tried this on another station with office 2010 and got the same results. Then I tried it on a station with Office 2013 and it worked as it should.

The instructions on the above link state that 2010 is supported. Is this not the case?

Shawn

You are not alone. I have the same problem on some PCs. However, I do not and will not install all Microsoft Windows7 updates, because some of the security updates break functionality which I need.
Is your system fully patched with the latest updates (SP1 + convenience update)?

i keep them pretty updated. last time i had applied updates was in september and was getting the load error on that station. i just updated it today and am still getting the same error. i contacted my vendor and they sent the following

https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/troubleshooting-outlook-crm/

i copied the error and sent it back so maybe i'll get something back soon

i'm not sure what the convenience update is but i have a wsus server that i use to control updates and apply almost everything that is released by microsoft which includes sp1. i probably have the convenience update installed also and didn't know it

The convenience update is a pseudo sp2. If you install Win7+sp1+convenience rollup, your system should be current as of about May 2016. If your Machine is connected to a wsus server, its unlikely that installing this will fix anything, unless the update server missed to apply all updates. If you someone like me who does not like updates at all it might help, because with one click you have a nearly up to date system.
There are also some updates for Microsoft Office which windows update might have missed if not setup to check for office updates.

I was not able to fix the problem by installing the vsto. However I did not forward the error to 3cx support, since my past experience with the support was not very positive. If you find out how to fix this problem please post back.

Hello shawn

Which license do you have ?

Andreas, we have 15.5.3849.1 Pro. I just got a reply from my reseller and funny enough, the reply was from you. You mentioned that I needed to install the VSTO package as noted here:
https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/desktop-components-deployment/#VSTO
I think MS has changed the package where 32 bit and 64 are all in the same file. MS had vstore_redist.exe at:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48217
which I installed and now the 3CX COM addin, installed and loads at start up and right click to dial in outlook is working as it should.

Thank you for the easy solution.

shawn

Great. Well done

Andreas, one quick question.
It seems as though 3CX is pretty picky about the characters that might be entered in the phone number field in Outlook contacts. For example it doesn't like +1800xxx-xxxx or (800)-xxx-xxxx. It also does not obide by windows dialing rules, so numbers that need a 1 for long distance have to be entered that way in the contact list.
Can you comment on how 3CX handles extra characters in the phone number field
Also, can you comment on how dialing rules are handled. In the US we have 10 digit dialing except for long distance which usually requires the 10 digits to be preceded with a 1

Thanks

Shawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.