3cx outlook plug-in doesnt work

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Bogdan, Jul 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bogdan

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2011
    Messages:
    10
    Likes Received:
    0
    getting the attached error, "Could not connect to Microsoft Outlook Plug-in at CRM Integration module" when I try to call a contact with 3CX.
    Myphone/3cx desktop client is working fine and I can see the plug-in enabled in Outlook.
    My first instinct is to install the CRM integration module but do I need to (and where is...)?
    Am I missing something obvious?
    Im running win 7 x64 with Outlook 2010 x86 and 3cx is v10 sp2
     

    Attached Files:

  2. davidbenwell

    davidbenwell Active Member

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2010
    Messages:
    704
    Likes Received:
    0
    have you installed the desktop components?
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Bogdan

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2011
    Messages:
    10
    Likes Received:
    0
    yes
     

    Attached Files:

    • 3cx.JPG
      3cx.JPG
      File size:
      12.6 KB
      Views:
      917
  4. adamsc75

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2009
    Messages:
    9
    Likes Received:
    0
    I'm having the same issue with Outlook 2003.

    Everything works fine, it pops up, seacrhes the outlook contact lists etc, but if I try and open a contact and dial by using the buttons at the top that 3cx puts in, I get "could not connect to microsoft outlook plugin at crm integration module"

    If I make the user a local admin, it works no problem at all! I cannot use this as a solution, we need to maintain control over our user permissions etc on the machines. I have tried modifying permissions on a folder by folder basis, c:\Program Files\3CX Assistant, c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VSTO, c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared, c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office... then I came across... c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\3CX Assistant CRM Integration

    I gave machine users full access to this folder, it contains a file called TAPI Service Provider.ini, and hey presto it now works no problem. I'm about to test this on a few more users machines and see what happens.

    I hope this may help anyone that may have the same problem.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.