• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX over Cisco AnyConnect VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtrollen

Reaction score
I'm having some trouble getting the 3CX for iPhone to work over VPN. The phone can successfully register to the 3CX system, but I don't get any audio and the application hangs. I noticed that in the 3CX system console the phone is registering with the public IP address of the phone and not the private IP address of the VPN connection. Consequently, I'm guessing that the return packets are being sent to the wrong IP address. If I VPN in with a laptop everything works as expected so I don't think it's an issue with my network (3CX phone for windows and myphone both work). Any ideas how to make this work?

IOS 5.0.1
3CX for iPhone 1.1.4
Cisco AnyConnect for iPhone 2.5.4049

When using VPN, all settings must be as if the phone were being used within the 3CX host (home) LAN. Be sure that STUN is disabled.

Yes, STUN is disabled and it's configured for my local LAN. It's still registering with the external IP address of the phone.

Are you using this over WiFi or 3G? You are establishing the VPN connection, then registering.
the 3CX phone should be looking to find the local IP from the phone. I'm not sure why it isn't using the VPN IP (as setting?). Not being an iphone user, i'm not sure how you query what the current IP(s) is/are.

If, after you establish the VPN connection, you open the browser in the phone and go to displaymyip.com , what IP shows up, your local public IP, or that of your far end VPN location (public IP) ?

I've tried it with WiFi on our guest DSL line and 3G, same result. I connect VPN first, then launch 3CX and register. If I connect with 3G, the public IP of my iPhone gets registered. If I connect with WiFi, the private IP of the local LAN gets registered to the 3CX system instead of the private IP of the VPN.

3G + VPN = Registers in 3CX as AT&T Public IP
External WiFi + VPN = Registers in 3CX as private IP of WiFi access point. i.e 192.168.1.x (should be registering as 10.10.x.x Private VPN IP)

It appears that the 3CX Phone is not using the private iP of the VPN connection?

-John

When VPN is connected, the phone should be aware of two IP's the one it originally had, and the VPN IP. I don't know if there is something (option within the 3CX phone or in the iphone) to change where the 3CX phone goes to "get" the current VPN IP, and using that to register with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilyass.b
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.