3CX Paging / Beep.wav / Voicemail / Replacing loud beep noise from paging start

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by vicero, Oct 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vicero

So I have been trying to figure out how to get rid of the BEEEEEEP at the beginning of the paging. It just sounds like awful noise at our business and it projects over the speakers.. Scares people.. driving me nuts.

So I've searched the forums, and found the answer, but it doesnt solve or fix the problem, just creates a new one..

So you replace the BEEP.WAV with a blank wav file that makes it go away, solved? No...

Then the beep from the beginning of a voicemail recording goes away completely.....

So people hear the recording, and then dead air...

So how can we solve this problem for good?

Thanks.

2. navarac

Does anyone have a solution for removing the beep when paging? I have found that if you remove the intercom tone (I use Yealink phones and this is found on the Features tab and then Intercom) that the beep goes away when paging an extension directly. e.g. *9101 But if you page a paging group, e.g. *9806, then the beep is broadcast anyway. As the person above noted you can't just remove Beep.wav as that does away with the beep used when leaving a voicemail. Maybe there is a way to have the paging group call a different wav file somehow???

Thanks.

3. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

Use Multicast paging instead of SIP paging. Works much better on the yealink phones and pages won't show up as a missed call.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.