Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX + Patton 4552 == massive noise

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zigaj, Jul 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zigaj

Hi, Everyone!

I've installed Patton 4552 on my ISDN BRI line, wiht 3CX 9 (last build) as the PBX.
    The Patton was configured via 3CX, and is presently set to use 711a pass-through. (no difference with 711u)
    The analogue fax machine (Samsung MFC) is on a SPA-2102, configured for fax as per 3CX instructions for SPA 3102.

I can fax between 2 fax machines on different SPAs in the house. I can (in part; some problems with our telco) receive and send faxes over my VOIP lines - however this is transmitted as pass-thru.

The Patton setup works in part; as soon as the fax tone detection kicks in, the "hissing" noise becomes overwhelming and drains everything else out.

Any hints?

Regards,

Ziga

2. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

Is this when your on a call on another line or when does it happen?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. zigaj

Hi!

Figured it out on my own - when I moved the Patton to bypass the fax via a-law, it worked.
    Apparently, t38 doesn't quite work between Patton 4552 and SPA 2102.

Regards,

Ziga

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.