3cx + patton problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mikele83, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikele83

I've an issue with a patton 4114 with 2fxo and 2fxs ports onboard.
    I configured the 2fxo ports as a double sip trunk into free 3cx pbx and the 2
    fxs ports are configured to be pdx extensions. The extensions are correctly
    registered into 3cx but I'm unable to make calls from the analog phones
    connected to the fxs. I digit the telefone number but after a long silence
    I obtane i unavaiable line tone.

In attachment i put the configuration file of patton, the putty log of a failed call and 3cx server log.

Attached Files:

2. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

3CX does not support mixed gateways...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mikele83

I have personalized the Patton template and the 2 fxs ports are correctly registered into pbx. When I try to call the extensions related to FXS ports from another traditional IP Phone I successfully call it and I can transfer calls. The problem is in the other way. I cannot call other extensions and I cannot make external calls.

4. netswork

netswork Active Member

I would open a ticket with Patton, they are generally very helpful.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Does that 3CX log show anything incoming when a call is placed? If not, is there any sort of dialplan, within the Patton, that might be blocking the dialled digit string from being sent?

6. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

Hi Mike
    I've not used a SN4114 in FXS mode - but - if you know how to set up the extension [FXS] support, then you have done the major part of the work. You might try setting the 4114 up using the 3CX wizard, which will try to configure the device as a 4-port FXO - then manually configure the two FXS ports as extensions. between you and 3CX, you may get to where you want to go ...

Never tried this myself - but maybe that will help ...

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Incoming call rejected, caller is unknown; msg=SipReq: INVITE 13@192.168.1.123 tid=a6aedfdb48b35583b cseq=INVITE contact=13@192.168.1.124:5064 / 32226 from(wire)
    09:41:18.734 [CM500002]: Unidentified incoming call. Review INVITE and adjust source identification:
    INVITE sip:13@192.168.1.123 SIP/2.0
    Via: SIP/2.0/UDP

This is why the call does not go through. Does the extension show registering as 192.168.1.124:5064 ? I have seen that happening before, from local extensions, (where it would seem illogical that 3CX would reject the call), but can't remember offhand what the resolution was.

Using the Patton, in a "mixed mode" is no different than using an SPA3102, both as a gateway and ATA, at the same same. It may not be officially supported by 3CX, but it does work. The Patton in this case should be no different, one IP, several ports.

8. mikele83

Yes the registration is correctly done.

See screenshot

Attached Files:

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Not sure if you've come across this...http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/source-identification-issues/

It deals more with provider issues, but...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.