Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX PBX, how make a action after received a email

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by LR_Devp, Nov 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LR_Devp

We are making some tests with the 3CX PBX, with the intention of installing it soon, but we wanna know how integrate with a thirds applications

For example;
    Does anyone know if it is possible when the PBX receive a email from a external application, the pbx can making calls automatically ?

Thanks,

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I see a few challenges with the scenario:

1. The PBX is not an email recipient. It can relay a "canned" email through your smtp server, but there is no email receiving capability. This is the biggest hurdle to overcome.
    2. Assuming for the moment that it could receive an email, there would be other or more issues to address. The email would have to be formatted in some fashion that the system could determine who to call and more importantly - what is the call handling at the system end? Is the system to act as a robo-caller with a canned message or once a call is placed does it ring an internal extension and whose?

So, the answer at the moment is no, it cannot in its current form support your desire. You could place a feature request and perhaps if they can figure out a way and if there is enough interest, they may incorporate.

There may be other systems that can read/parse thru and email and generate an action based on a phone number, I am just not aware of any, but others on the forum may have better info on the subject or methods that you might be able to employ to get close to your need using 3CX.

Good luck.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm not certain of the intended use this sort of feature , but (It seems to me), that it could open up all sorts of security issues. Given that an unencrypted email could be "captured" at some point (public WiFi hotspot?) resulting in a hacker causing call charges to the PBX user.

4. LR_Devp

no necessarily mr.leejor , we only try to make some actions using a rule starting with a email notification..

thanks mr.lneblett for your answer.
    we just wating for a idea. :)

Regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.