3CX PBX Redundancy

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by hivanov, Sep 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hivanov

Hi all !

One of our clients asked on Friday if there is a way develop a solution with two PBXs working in something like "fault tolerance" mode - means the two systems work simultaneous in active and passive state, and when the active PBX fails the passive to become active and continue working. It's about two 256-sim. calls systems running over Windows Server 2008R2.

So, the question is if there is a feature in our PBX to do so or it should be done at lower lever in the OS itself ?

Thanks and best regards,
    Hristo

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. bardissi

bardissi Member

Option 1
    You could do this with virtualization.....

OR

Option 2
    You could run a script to pull the backup from PBX A and Import to PBX on a schedule (maybe 1 a day???)
    And then setup the phones to use a DNS SRV record instead of a IP address.
    If the phones cant register to PBX A the SRV Record will point the phones to PBX B.

OR

Option 3
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/3cx-high-availability-system-active-active/

3. hivanov

Thanks !

I found this article is pretty good with step-by-step guide how to configure the whole system. Do you know if there are another supported IP phones which support the "high availability" feature different from SNOM and YEALINK :?:

Best regards,
    Hristo

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. bardissi

bardissi Member

I'm pretty sure most phones will work with that method.

You would have to test it no matter what equipment your using

5. hivanov

I mean not every phone has a field for secondary SIP server address, for example Grandstream phones in our office doesn't :(

6. bardissi

bardissi Member

In that case use sip srv record

7. hivanov

I'm just starting building test environment with grandstream and cisco ata phones with two v12 PBX installations on Win Server 2012. I'll post later this week to report the results 8|

P.S. If you have some kind of template or sample of the exact SRV records needed, I'll appreciate if you could share it... this will save a lot of my time... ;)

Thanks !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.