• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX PBXexpress - Using Pro license + Google Cloud + Own FQDN

Status
Not open for further replies.

jreddy

Forum User
Reaction score
I have searched but cannot find a solution. I tried the PBXexpress install, but it will not let me use own fqdn. So is there a script to install 3cx on Google cloud using Pro license and own fqdn?

John

I was able to do a manual install, but now am stuck at the ssl certificate step. I did a command line configuration as the browser one did not work. So how do I add a SSL cert or a lets encrypt cert. I already have a wildcard cert for the domain. This should not be so difficult. The pbxexpress install using 3cx fqdn is so easy, so why not have steps that is similar? Any ideas how to add the cert?

ALready saw this article...not much help. As I mentioned I already have the certificate. Also, Google cloud now provides free managed SSL certs and it is automatically enabled in the instance. SO how do I get past this step. Very frustrating. Also the article says how to order a certificate and not show steps how to install/upload it first before starting the install. So a bit vague as now I am stuck in the stupid SSL cert step and the file does not exist. Why not use the google managed cert? Maybe 3CX needs to update the install script and not bother with a cert until after the install. Or better yet fix the pbxexpress install so after you enter a pro license it will allow you to enter your own fqdn and not force you to use theirs. It already allows you to use your own google cloud instance, so why not fqdn?

Did you follow the steps at the bottom where it tells you how to get the SSL from Godaddy or StartSSL and then tells you how to install? It looks like the installer should prompt you for the certificate files but having never done it I can't confirm. Just haven't had a good reason to use anything other than the 3CX supplied certificate.

Using your own FQDN is not possible via PBX Express.

If you do a command line installation, the key and cert file must already be on the server somewhere so you can give the install script the paths.

I would check why you couldn't open Web Configuration page as it is more convenient for uploading the files directly. Are you sure you have port 5015 open?

The instructions of how to use your own cert key and crt file are here, step #5: https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/configuring-your-pbx/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.