Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX/PfSense: Outbound "Not Available"

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by oguruma, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oguruma

Running 3cX w/PIAF. I only have the Windows 3CX softphone for the time being. I use Flowroute and I have 2 DIDs from them.
    I can dial into and take calls on the softphone via 3cx from outside the network.
    I can dial out using the softphone when connected to sip.flowroute.com.
    When I try to dial out using the softphone via 3cx, I get "not available".
    My 3cx box passes the firewall checker.
    I have the same issues with both of my DIDs.
    The 3CX call log shows:
    Date/Time From To Talking
    02/23/2017 9:03:56 PM Me (0000) 1555-555-5551 1555-555-5552 Not Answered

Anybody have any ideas? My 3cx is registered to Flowroute successfully (or I couldn't make outbound calls).

I have configured my PfSense based on the following. https://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/pfsense-firewall/

#1 oguruma, Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  2. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi oguruma,

Did you setup your flowroute account on your soft phone directly?
    Do you mean that you can receive incoming calls and when the clients are outside from LAN can call between them?
    Did you try to add a simple outbound rule?

3. oguruma

Just to clarify, I have 2 profiles on my 3cx softphone. One is for my flowroute account, without the 3cx box. The other is for 3cx. The profile that is connected directly to flowroute make make and receive calls without issue. The profile connected to the 3cx box can only receive calls.

I can receive calls on the 3cx profile, even from my cellphone or any other landline.

I added the outbound rules found here https://support.flowroute.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2523606-configure-3cx-15

4. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi oguruma,

Could you please send us a screenshot of your outbound rules? Also please give us a sample of the number that you try to call.

5. Patrick Hogan10

Any resolution to this yet? Sounds like a problem with the outbound rules.

6. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi oguruma,

Could you please update the post on your findings and if you managed to solve the issue, we would be grateful if you could share it with the community.

7. Sopock

Sopock Member

What version?o_O
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/managing-ip-phones/#h.yqcpkxsi2a04

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.