3CX Phone 12 and 3CX server 10,11) don't register

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bigsrl, Feb 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigsrl

Hello everyone

First i don't know why i can add a topic in "3CX windows phone" forum section; in particular i need to add a post here: http://www.3cx.com/forums/3cx-phone-wont-register-with-server-38282.html but i can't :cry:

anyhow, i have many customer running 3CX server (version 10,11) now i try to use the new client 3CX 12...but it won't register

the parameters are the same; the server didn't see any login question from client and i don't know WHY in 3CX client log i find many request to "http://192.168.77.69:5000/MyPhone/MPWebService.asmx" and no request to port 5060 (the default SIP port!)
    192.168.77.69 is the address of server

any other SIP client with same parameter work properly... but 3CX client with 3CX server NOT. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why??????

thanks for the answer
    Bye

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

The versions prior to V12 require MyPhone and/or Windows Phone v6. The current client is not backwards compatible.

3. bigsrl

:?: :?: :?:

my CLIENT don't work, NOT SERVER!

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

You said:
    anyhow, I have many customer running 3CX server (version 10,11) now i try to use the new client 3CX 12...but it won't register

I said:
    The current client (meaning v12) is not backwards compatible.

In other words, the V12 client software is not usable with V11, V10, V9, etc. You can only use the V12 client with the V12 Editions of 3CX.

The earlier versions v11 & v10 were based upon Silverlight. This is not the case with V12. The V12 client has integrated the soft phone functionality along with presence information such that it is a single application.

5. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Don't get mad.. get a compatible softphone:
    http://www.3cx.com/downloads/3CXPhone6.msi

6. bigsrl

Hello

thanks for the answer, i thought trivially that 3CX is a very easy and powerful client; but if don't support a 3CX phone system older than 3CX12 and it can't work with a non-3CX server....it's a useless client

sin once were doing smart things :roll:

you can close 3D

bye, thanks for the support

7. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Bigsrl:

Sarcasm aside, the 3CX client for V12 is one that packs a ton of features geared to V12. You can use the actual 3CX softphone (6) and use that with ANY version of 3CX. It isn't 3CX's fault... or just upgrade your clients to the current version (better idea) V12...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.