3CX Phone 8 on Windows XP

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ienaxxx, Nov 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ienaxxx

Hi all,
    got a big problem: can't upgrade to the new 3CX version since myphone doesn't exist anymore, replaced by the 3cx phone for windows, version "8".

In fact, i've already installed the version 12, since i cannot find in anywhere clearly stated that the CLIENT part of the software isn't compatible with windows XP.
    Well, this is not the centrality of the question.

I know: XP support will die in april 2014, blablabla.... but the truth is i cannot upgrade all the clients at once before april just to get myphone back. The solution, if needed would be a downgrade to version 11.

I spotted that when version 12 was rc1 someone posted a workaround, probably related to "3CXTunnel.dll", that is the dll that casts an error when i start the phone on XP.
    By its name, it lets me guess it's something related to the use of the tunnel, which i don't need. I need only presence. if there is someone that uses both the phone and the presence, will be upgraded to win 8.1.

Has please someone that workaround saved somewhere?

P.S. if someone can shed light on a better solution (e.g. Buddy, they created a specific portal for managing the presence via web, didn't see?), please let me know. I'm open to suggestions.

Thank you very much.
    I need that workaround.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.