Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX phone and time out extension

Discussion in 'Windows' started by filipvds, Jul 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. filipvds

Hi,

In my company we all use the 3cx phone (we don't have any hardware phones).
    Sometimes, when users shutdown their pc, the BLF of this user still shows green in the 3cx phone of other users. This problem is not always and not for everybody.

On your site I found this: http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/3cx-phone-system-parameters-table/

And 2 parameters got my attention: "EXPIRATIONGRACEPERIOD" and "EXPIRYCHECKTIME"
    Are these two parameters which I can modify to solve this problem?
    I think I have to change EXPIRYCHECKTIME to 1 and restart the services?

Filip

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What you are looking todo is to shorten the re-registration period. By default it is 30 minutes. So unless a device re-registers within that time, or the device receives a call, which cannot be completed, 3CX assumes that it is still active.

You have to be careful as all devices will be registering every X minutes and this is going to increase network activity, and possibly cause congestion, depending on your configuration.

3. filipvds

hi,

you say "by default it is 30 minutes".
    Well, at this moment, some of my collegues are 2 days on vacation and their "BLF" is still green on the soft phone. In 3cx myphone they have a "grey" icon.
    On my profile on my 3cx softphone, my collegues have a green BLF status.

And some other collegues (who are on vacation) have a "grey" icon in 3cx softphone.

What can we do about it?

Filip

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Obviously, a status update is not being done, or received.

I suppose that the questions are...

Is this just happening to you, or is this something that is happening to other users that have a similar configuration?

If it is just you, then, why, What is different on your installation/network/(user issue?), that is causing this.

Hopefully someone that makes extensive use of the 3CX softphone (you didn't mention which version of phone,PBX or PC operating system(s) you are using), can post on whether or not they have had a similar experience with BLF.

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the manner that the phone is "shut down"

5. filipvds

we are using:
    server:
    Windows server 2008 R2 (fully patched)
    3CX Phone System v11.0.2897§.849

client:
    mix of windows 7 x86 or x64
    3CXPhone ver. 6.0.26523.0

All users are inside the lan (we have vpn-users), but the problem also exists between users who are inside the lan.

When I take a closer look at the "extension status", the users who are on vacation and have a "green" blf-status are "not registered"

6. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Clearly the PBX is showing you that it knows the extension is unregistered, which you mentioned MyPhone is showing the extension with the gray Unregistered status.

I may have to look at this further.. I am not certain your situation is limited to the 3CX Phone.. it may have more to do with how the subscription is not receiving the notification from the PBX when the registration changes on the extension. More specifically, either the NOTIFY is not being sent to the SUBSCRIBEr, or 3CX Phone is not correctly applying that notification.

I'm siding with 3CX Phone being the issue without looking, not processing the notification which is likely receiving.

7. filipvds

Ok, that is a possible reason. But every user must shutdown his computer every day. They day one user started to keep having a green "BLF", I was on vacation. One week later, back at the office, I also have to same user with a green "BLF" status.
    So I would think that my version of 3cxphone isn't aware of the problem. I come online and I have the problem to.

When I restart the server, everything is back to normal.

If desired, I can provide some server logs?

Filip

8. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

I can probably rig something.. just haven't.. yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.