3CX Phone & Assistant // different status

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Tugi2o, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tugi2o

Hi,

there is something i don't understand on 3CX...

We use the latest phone system at our company. Every user use the 3cx softphone (with headset) and the 3cx assistant or web interface to see other extensions, if they are online / away, ...

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY
    doesn't the phone show us the line state of all users, which i added to softkey bar???

i always have to open assistant and phone for seeing the line state of other users.

Also why isn't the state of assistant equal to the state of phone?
    Sometimes a user changes his phone state to "away" and the assistant shows him as available?!?!?!?

So what i think...we don't need 2 different programs...the phone with some more features (showing line state of other users & ability to change own state (away / available / out of office) would be a better solution.

Perhaps ther should be a check-box to switch on features for the softphone for usage with 3cx phone system - like show extension/line state, ...

what do you think about it?

Tugi

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Tugi

3CXPhone handles presence by contact, not by extension. This is the first thing. Therefore, if extension 101 has two phones (contacts) one in the kitchen and the other one in the living room, its corresponsing BLF/Xfer button will be GREEN only when both phones are "on hook", otherwise it will be blinking orange if AT LEAST one is ringing/calling, or solid orange if BOTH are established.

Then. 3CXPhone has Speeddial and BLF/Xfer key types; ONLY BLF/Xfer type shows the presence status, speeddials - NOT. Therefore, a speedial button will never become orange.

Then. Related to the first note above, a phone is a physical device - therefore, its DND/AWAY status is internal, is not "posted" to the PBX, it is discovered by remote partner at call time by the SIP response it provides. Moreover, if you have two phones on the same extension, one can be Available, the other one can be DND, so you cannot tell in which state their extension is.

Then. EXTENSION status is not "posted" by the PBX as a a presence state (as far as I know), therefore a presence graphic renderer - such 3CXphone - have nothing to render regarding this state.

Then. There is a known bug in 3CXPhone's presence handling: it doesn't show properly the presence status of a contact having more simultaneous calls when one ends - its BLF/Xfer becomes green, even there are still call(s) in progress.

About last question - you're an old member of our forum, and I'm sure you know our old Voip Client softphone: it has been "splitted" in 3CX Call Assistant - with dedicated, extended support and functionalities for its destination - which is a paid product, and 3CXPhone - trying to implement only basic, common phone features - which is a free product. They cannot be unified, we don't want to lose one for another.

Best regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tugi2o

Hi Vali,

thank you very much for explaining why things are different than i think they should be.
    Now i understand why the status is different shown :(

Tugi

4. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

:(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.