3CX phone client for Linux

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by yourtelecom, May 19, 2017.

3CX phone client for Linux 5 5 28votes
5/5, 28 votes

1. yourtelecom

At this moment the 3CX phone client is not available for Linux systems. With a growing desktops with Linux (ubuntu) it would be good to have a Linux Client available.

Vidal Valerio, Tims, Fisics and 3 others like this.
  2. Paul Omans

Even if it was only supported via Ubuntu this would be a welcome feature to have. I would like to transition one of my offices over to Linux completely (no virtualization, pure Linux) and the use of 3CX as a softphone is the last hurdle in getting this done.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Tims likes this.
  3. RossPCS

Isn't 3cx moving to a web client that would work on linux?

4. Paul Omans

That's correct, and as soon as the web client is in a final form, that will be a viable solution for Linux users.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. lj

lj

With 3CX introducing Linux and the RPI being used as a SBC its becoming increasingly clear how stable Linux is. so you would think a Linux desktop client would be available. BUT v15.5 beta is available for you to download which when you send the welcome email includes a link for the Web Client which is browser based rather than PC based and works with at least Ubuntu as I have tested
    Being web based should then work across multiple PC platforms. This is a greatove forward. v15.5 will be release shortly as a full production solution. But its worth you upgrading your NFR to V15.5

6. pdcpdcpdc

sorry can i have the link for web application

7. agp

agp 3CX Team

Hi,

If you are referring to the webclient its not a standalone application, its part of 3CX so you need to have 3CX installed to access the webclient.

If you do have it installed then you can access it by visiting: https: //your_fqdn:5001/webclient/

In case that you don't know your web authentication password you can find it under General->Web Authentication while editing an Extension.

8. lj

lj

Im relatively new user to Linux and find myself using Ubuntu Mate more. The Webclient works well dialing 3CX Contacts eg shared phone book, internal extns
    BUT we do use Outlook alot for a contact database so although you can open Office365 in the web on Linux i cannot get the Webclient to dial the Office 365 Contacts (i think is still needs the windows softphone for call control)
    I do think outlook is good and windows does make some good things BUT now i have found Linux i slowly trying to merge everything over

9. Carlos Teca

The client Linux is a great idea

Vidal Valerio likes this.
  10. rene fuchs

I also need one :)
    at moment we use Asterisk with Twinkle
    but 3cx and Twinkle are no friends :( but we want a native Linux Client who works with 3cx, thats the one last reason who stops us from change from asterisk to 3cx

11. Lev

Lev New Member

I'm not using Linux, but this is definetely missing :)

12. Ben Armstrong

I am disappointed to learn that the webclient cannot be used to place calls by itself. I was imagining that with nothing but a headset and the webclient, I could use 3CX when working from home on my Linux workstation there, and avoid having to use the Android client on my phone, which in the past did not work very well for me.

I just wanted to confirm it in this thread, because even after reading all of the responses above, including from the 3CX team itself, this wasn't 100% clear. It might help others with similar expectations to understand the current state of affairs with respect to using 3CX on Linux.

13. rene fuchs

im so frustated... i tested now a lot of other clients and no one works well under linux with the 3cx,

Twinkle > client freeze at call queue calls
    at moment we use Twinkle perfect with plain asterisk and call queues but 3cx make something strange with call queues

Zoiper > cant make call queue calls
    the rest i dont wanna talk about it

only the 3cx client and hardware phones works fine with 3cx :( but wine and the 3cx client are no friends...

does anyone have a good idea for a webbased / softphone for linux, we have around 30 seats in our call center and dont wanna migrate back to windows.
    But at moment we are stuck, cause we cant decide migrate to 3cx cause no support for our call center :(

We are also open for a pay version if we have a good / working client

14. rene fuchs

look the post viewer count:
    1401 hmm seems like A LOT of people are looking for this droids :)

15. Ben Armstrong

jitsi perhaps? The reason I don't use jitsi is without 3CX tunnel support, it's useless to me, as our network policy requires I use the 3CX tunnel.

16. revilo951

Will the 3CX client run under wine?

17. Carlos Teca

I tried Linux Mint but it did not work

18. Gioal

Today, big project lost here because 3CX doesn't have linux client. :(

Vidal Valerio likes this.
  19. liberavia

Hey there,

I made a script which should make it installable via wine. After starting the script from commandline 3CXClient will be Installed into an own wineprefix.

Hope it helps. At least it does for me due to I don't need to start a vm for having a call...

https://github.com/liberavia/Install3CXClient

MarkusF likes this.
  20. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

This has already be replied to in another thread - 3CX will be adding a softphone capability to the web client and this will be the recommended solution for Linux. There will not be a 3CX Linux client.