Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX Phone CTI Mode Not Working

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ny13, Sep 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ny13

Hello all!

I hope this is in the correct area. The issue involves 3CX Phone for Windows V12 in CTI mode.
    The handset is a Yealink T32G on firmware 32.70.0.130. We have a lot of T32Gs with the same firmware on our network and CTI does work for other users (including myself).

The extension can dial a number in the app and press Call, but the action does not go to the handset. The app just sits there with the number on screen. We have tried with another handset and extension, which works from another computer but not the computer in question. Not sure if it's something obvious I am missing...!

Have tried reinstalling the app, repairing the prerequisites, another configuration file for the extension... Running out of things to try!

Has anyone had this issue before? Or have any advice on what to try?

Thanks in advance!

2. jclowes

I had a similar issue on the T46G> After resetting to factory defaults and then reprovisioning I found that when I dialled in, the phone actually prompted to allow remote control. Once I selected okay on the phone I was able to use the Windows CTI phone to control the phone. Before this I could not send any control options. Sending the options did not raise the prompt either, only the incoming call on the physical phone then answering from the soft phone would display the prompt.

MikhailJB likes this.
  3. ny13

Thanks for the reply!

It's funny you mention that, as after I posted this I came across the same issue with a T46G (our reception phone). We have tried factory defaults and reprovisioning but with no joy.

However, I did not try receiving a call and answering from the app in CTI mode. Will definitely give that a shot! Thanks again!

4. ny13

Okay, just tried it on the T32G with no joy. Reset to factory, reprovisioned and tried to answer call that came through in CTI.
    The app came up with 'Ringing...' but the phone still rang, no prompt to allow control. I have the T46G with me now, I'll try a few different things and see if I can get it working.

I still have this gut feeling that it is to do with the app on the machine...

5. MikhailJB

I just picked up a T32G and did not respond to CTI even though it latest firmware in the Dashboard (V15sp5).
    This worked for me I reset the phone registered it to the 3CX server saw it listed with the old firmware clicked the phone then did update firmware. after the phone restarted it not works with CTI from the Windows client.

6. optimus1337

I'm having the same issue on about 20 T46G's; the only other phone I have is a W56P and it works. Resetting the phones didn't work, everything is up to date. I'm using a custom template on the T46's. The only other thing I have going is that my phones are on a VLAN separate from the computers. I don't think the VLAN is the issue since my W56P works on the same setup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.