3CX Phone - Disable DND button

Discussion in 'Windows' started by sdavies68, Jun 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdavies68

Hi,

Is there any way to disable the DND button on the new 12.5 3CX Phone. While its a nice feature for typical users, its a very bad feature for call centre operators who are smart enough to see that can still be logged into the queue but not taking calls.

Regards

Stephen

2. Thomas 3CX

3CX Support

Hello,

Unfortunately there is no way to "disable" DND button from the 3CX Phone.

Thanks.

3. sdavies68

OK, if there is no way to currently do this on 3CX can this be a feature added. This did not exist on the old 3CX MyPhone and now its in the new interface this is very bad for call centres.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You can submit feature suggestions here...

http://www.3cx.com/ideas/index.php

5. thatguycraig

Im only very new to all things SIP and 3cx, and i know next to nothing about it whilst im still learning, however, just a thought...

could you not rearrange the buttons on the phone to say something else? May have to be done via the phone manufactuer interface (i. we have Yealink phones, within 3cx you can launch the web front end, or just type in the ip to an explorer)

i know in there you can change the softkeys, so maybe take off the DND button and replace it with something else? They can use the short cut (*60* or w.e it is) but for those who dont know that code... that should stop them?

plus i think you can change the keypad short cuts anyway

again, i know nothing on how to do most things in here, just a thought!

6. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

You are referring to a physical phone - this forum is for the 3cx Softphone (3cx Phone for Windows/Mac).

The DND button is easily clicked and produces unintended results. I heard maybe it is gone in v14 though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.