3CX Phone DND

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Joe_OT, Sep 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe_OT

Hi Guys

How can I remove the DND and Auto-VM from the 3CX softphone. The reason for this that we will be using 3CX in a call center with softphones and if an agent activates DND then that agent will not receive calls. When you look at available agents in the queue you will se that that agent is available so you have no way of seeing if he is servicing calls, this then becomes a management nightmare.

How can I accomplish this?

Many thanks
    Joe

2. bardissi

bardissi Member

I dont think you can remove these options from 3CX Softphone

3. Joe_OT

I don't think I am going to have a good time :(

4. rogueblackburn

In V12 the DND status shows up in both the phone's presence and the (still don't know how to call it) extended presence view. All you need to make sure is that the person monitoring those agents is in the same extension group(s) as them, meaning he/she can see at a glance who's "accidentally" pushed that pesky button.

5. Joe_OT

Thanks Rogueblackburn

When you say "extended presence view" are you referring to the 3CX MyPhone app? If you are then is it safe to assume that extensions placed in the managers group will be able to see the DND?

I guess I will have to wait for V12 RTM then to upgrade. I cannot use Alpha and Beta installs for production unfortunately. Do you know the scheduled release date for V12?

Many thanks
    Joe

6. rogueblackburn

Yes, in 3CX Phone for Windows V12 I think they call it full screen presence. This is basically what in V11 is known as MyPhone Assistant. 3CX V12 was officially released 4th September, commercial release, all though I would wait for SP1, there are still some lacking / unfinished items - as is evident from the many angry birds posts at the moment.
    Suggestion though, install the V12 with the demo license key, set up a bunch of extensions and explore the features. Demo license key has all PRO Edition features enabled, so you can emulate your call center, all though with 2 simultaneous calls only, but then it's really just to test drive it.

7. Joe_OT

Thanks again Rogueblackburn

One last question as I think upgrading to V12 might be the solution here

What is the upgrade path to the V12, do I just need to get my supplier/partner to upgrade my key?

My 3CX is not in production yet but it is heading that way and will be replacing the current solution.

Kind regards
    Joe

8. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

If you are current on the upgrade insurance.. you're good to go.

Backup.. uninstall 11.. install 12, use (restore) the backup.

9. Joe_OT

Thanks

I am current so I will start the upgrade

Thanks for the help guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.