3CX Phone for Mac OS Conferencing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Scythe99, Dec 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scythe99

Hi there,

I hope I am posting in the correct forum, I didn't see one for MacOS.

I am trying to figure out a solution for conference calling. We had previously been running on 3CX version 11, and been using the old 3CX MyPhone application. Now that we are on Version 15, it appears that Mac version has lost a lot of functionality. The main thing is that it is no longer able to control a user's desk phone.

Here's what I am trying to accomplish. One of our clients has a receptionist (who uses a Cisco SPA 504G) and needs to be able to elevate a call to a conference within 3CX. I know the phone has 3-way conference calling, but you aren't able to add and remove people, or leave and rejoin at will. In the old system, you were able to just click and create a conference within 3CX MyPhone, add the extensions of the people you want to join, and add the person you were currently on the phone with. You could then easily edit and add more external phone numbers of other people that needed to join.

Right now it seems that first off, 3CX for Mac cannot control a desk phone. It also seems that you cannot add people to a conference if they are not in the phone book. We need to be able to add a list of cell numbers on the fly without having to add them to the phonebook.

Basically, how can I elevate a call to a conference call while using a desk phone in 3CX Phone? Are there any plans to add this functionality soon?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello there,

Unfortunately cti functionality is not present at the current stage. I tried conference from the mac client though and that is working as expected. Created a conference with 2 extensions and an external number. I just opened a new line called the new number(internal or external) and once the call was answered i click on the conference button to add that number into the conference. Are you not able to do that?
    What mac so are you on? What client version are you running?

3. Scythe99

Hi YiannisH,

Thanks for the reply. We updated his machine to 10.9 so that he could install the client. The 3cx client is nice for monitoring phone calls, but he really has no use for making calls with his Mac, as he has a desk phone that rings and handles all of their incoming calls. The functionality that we are really looking for is a means to create and manage conference calls using his Mac and desk phone, as was possible in the older version.

Is there any sort of timeline for when this functionality will return? I know that it is possible on a PC, and we are hoping to get this going for our client again soon. It's unfortunate that this worked for our client last year (before we did the version upgrade) and now post-upgrade they have lost the functionality that they were used to.

Once again, thank you for the reply, and I hope to hear more about when we can expect this functionality to return to the 3CX Mac OS client

4. Scythe99

Bumping in hopes for a response.

Thanks!

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

At this point in time we do not have a time frame for when this functionality will return. Once this functionality is available there will be a blog post in our website
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.