Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX Phone for Tablet

Discussion in 'Android' started by TheInternship, Sep 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheInternship

Hello,

I'm trying to find a phone solution for a remote user and one suggested idea is to set up a cheap android tablet that they can use for their phone. It would need to connect to a BT earpiece like the Voyager Legend. Anyone have any recommendations for this?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I've seen a lot of No Name brand ,"budget" Android tablets out there, but a great many don't come with Bluetooth, to keep costs down. Some, are dreadfully underpowered. Battery life/quality may not be up to par ether. I would look for a brand name unit (prices have come down a lot), and try the 3CX phone out on one, before buying any more. If it doesn't work to your satisfaction, take it back.

I have seen mention, in other forums, of people buying Android Pay-as-you go phones, when they go on sale in the $20 range, just for the Wifi features. Some are turning these into (strictly) VoIP sets, as the Mobile portion is locked to one provider. Of course, these are all lower end phones and many of them don't even have wifi. It's an option, but not something I'd recommend, unless you are well aware what you are getting into.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.