• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Phone for Windows 15.5 SP2 (15.5.6354.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDestinyGroup

Free User
Reaction score
Hi,

It appears that the 15.5 SP2 version of 3CX Phone for Windows fails to remember it's window position on close when it's positioned on a secondary or tertiary screen.

If the 3CX Phone for Windows was on a secondary or tertiary screen when closed it defaults to opening centered on the middle of the primary screen.

This wasn't an issue with the 15.5 SP1 version of 3CX Phone for Windows.

Les

That was easy fix for
https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/softphone-with-no-interface.51690/
Proper way would be to always check available displays on start.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14286631/is-there-a-way-to-detect-if-a-monitor-is-plugged-in
Code:
BOOL IsDisplayConnected(int displayIndex = 0)
{
    DISPLAY_DEVICE device;
    device.cb = sizeof(DISPLAY_DEVICE);
    return EnumDisplayDevices(NULL, displayIndex, &device, 0);
}
Start on main screen if SM_CXVIRTUALSCREEN is less than remembered position. But even in this case there is no need to start on center of screen. Position should be similar like on second screen.
Add system tray menu item(above Exit) Show phone which will cycle and display client on different screen after each press.

Last edited:
In SP2 we've fixed an issue related to this where in some rare cases the following would happen:
-User has 2-3 screens
-Put 3CX Client on 2'nd or 3'rd screen
-Exit client.
-Disconnect 2'nd or 3'rd screen
-Re-open client.
-It opens on the non-existant 2'nd or 3'rd screen and user can't access it.

For the above case, the 3CX Client now appears on screen 1 if screen 2 or 3 is not detected.

Leonidas,

Thanks for the update.

It appears to be working for me now. When I first opened it after the update it opened on the primary display (3rd screen) even though my other displays (1st and 2nd screens) still active.

I opened the app moved it to my right (1st) screen and exited the app and each time I re-opened the app it would open on the main screen.

I then opened the app moved it to somewhere else on my main (3rd) screen and exited the app and it remembered the position on the main screen so that's why created this post.

Les

Leonidas,

This issue is still happening for me on some PCs.

There must be a detection issue or an issue related to saving of the window position.

Les

Last edited:
Hi,

I have the same problem. The 3CX client doesn't remember the windows position outside the primary display. But the Switchboard does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.