Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX Phone For Windows Auto-Provisioning

Discussion in 'Windows' started by joebocop, Dec 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joebocop

Hello,

Is there a trick to getting the 3CX Phone System to detect the 3CX Phone For Windows on a client machine on the same LAN? I have tried on two client machines; on the first it mysteriously "appeared" under the "Phones" node in 3CX Phone System Manager after 24 hours. On my second client machine, I have waited for a few days, have rebooted both client and server several times, but each time I start the 3CX Phone for Windows application, I get the "No Phone System Configuration Detected".

3CX Phone v12, 3CX Phone System v12 Free.

Thanks for the advice.

Joe

2. elounda

Hi joebocop.

1.) Go to Extension -> select the extension number u want to auto confiqure.
    2.) Send a welcome e-mail.
    3.) Go to your mail, u will find a welcome message and an attachment.
    4.) download and run the file.

To make it work u must have.
    a.) An active e-mail in this extension.
    b.) Smtp server configured.

johnkommas.

Attached Files:

3. joebocop

Thanks for the reply.

I was wondering if the 3CX Phone applications are meant to be auto-detected by 3CX Phone System 12? This Android Guide http://www.3cx.com/voip/configuring-3cxphone-for-3cx-phone-system-android/ seems to indicate that a 3CX Phone For Android installed on a device on the same LAN as 3CX Phone System should appear, shortly after it's launched on the device, in the "Phones" node of the management console.

This 3CX Phone for Windows guide seems to indicate the same.

Both versions (Windows and Android) provision successfully using the e-mail attachment, but should I also be able to just right-click a "Phone" and attach it to an extension?

Is there some obvious reason my 3CX phone software for android and windows wouldn't show up as unprovisioned but detected phones in the Phones node?

I'm new to this, so I do appreciate the help. Thanks again.

4. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Joe
    There are several conditions to be met, simultaneously, in order for PnP to work:
    - client and 3CXPhoneSystem should be on the same intranet;
    - 3CXPhoneSystem should be configured on port 5060
    - there should not be an already active registration from the same client IP

First condition is quite obvious - the client perform a network broadcast;
    Second one - the client perform broadcast to port 5060, so if PBX has been configured to a different SIP port, it will not be able to "hear" the request;
    Third: - 3CXPhoneSystem ignores requests from a client if there is already one registered from that IP. If you know the IP of your client, you may check on PBX Management console's Phones section to see if is listed there - if is, then its PnP request will be ignored, you will have to wait until registration expires and the phone "dissapear" from there.

Hope it helps
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. joebocop

This has caused me about a month of difficulty thus far. Is this a common scenario?

I have a Yealink T42G phone wired to a PoE switch. My 3CX Phone System 12 machine (a laptop running Windows 8.1 with Windows Firewall disabled on both public and private networks) is using Abyss. I just did the installation, creating 4 extensions during the install. I have changed nothing else (under Network, SIP port is 5060. Web management interface is on port 5000).

No matter how many times I reboot the "server", the Yealink Phone does not magically appear in the "phones" node. I can ping it, access its web gui, etc.

Does the Yealink phone's firmware version matter?

I also have another laptop running Windows 8.1 with 3CX Phone For Windows installed. It is directly connected to this same switch. When I start 3CX Phone For Windows on it, the new phone DOES magically appear in "3CX Phone System Management Console" under the Phones node.

So, I'm seeing variable reliability in phones being detected by the server. No one else has this problem with 3CX Phone System?

Again, many thanks for the help.

Joe

6. elounda

Check this out.

http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/yealink-t32G-t38G-t42G-t46G/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.