Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX Phone for Windows - Don't re-prompt for device selection of re-registration

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by DSXDATA, Feb 12, 2016.

1. DSXDATA

DSXDATA New Member

3CX APP remember assigned device

Morning to-do list:

1. make coffee
    2. tell 3CX app which phone to use
    3. drink coffee

Mornings would be so much easier if I could just go straight to drinking my coffee.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Lev

Lev New Member

Re: 3CX APP remember assigned device

Can you specify this for me? I just don't really get what you are talking about.

3. DSXDATA

DSXDATA New Member

Hi Lev,

Sure - if you have more than one device assigned to your extension - the 3CX app needs to know which one is the target for CTI. The problem is that it asks this question every morning.

Best,

Kirk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jj1

jj1

We also have a number of users that have more than one desk phone assigned (i.e. a phone upstairs and downstairs or a phone in the office and a phone at home office). This would save our users a lot of confusion and hassle.

5. Lev

Lev New Member

Ah, yeah... well, if you set a setting, it should stay setted, right? :)
    If it doesnt,... thats just bad and needs to be fixed! *upvote*

6. jjc32

3CX Phone for Windows - Don't re-prompt for device selection when re-registration happens

When you have multiple device associated with your extension and you use the 3CX phone app in CTI mode it ask during startup which phone you want to connect to but when it looses connection to the 3CX PBX it re-registers and asks you again to select a phone you want to connect to.

Can it be made so that it only asks you during application startup and not after/during a re-registration?

Thnks,

J.

7. stalley

Agreed, this is a beating to re-select your device every time the softphone is launched. The IP address of the hard phone should be sticky and should only be prompted for once, unless you actually need to change it for some reason.