• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Phone for Windows & Plantronics Hub, Integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

copia

Reaction score
Plantronics Spokes is no longer the latest Plantronics device configurator.

There is no "3CX Phone" supported device in the Plantronics Hub.

An explanation would be dearly appreciated.
Previously, the W series would (with some playing around) answer calls while away from the desk with the control button on a wireless headset. I dare say, the corded should have similar capabilities.

Otherwise the 3CX softphone is really annoying on its own as a stand-alone app.

Hi there,
Please download the plantronics spokes rather than Hub as mentionned in our documentation. I believe it is still available online.

Thank you for the suggestion.
Any ETA on the former mentioned Hub app? As there will be interest in it, as I doubt Spokes will be "supported" on Windows 10 as it is pushed to users.

Will stick to Spokes if it remains ok with Win 8.1

Hi there,
I'm afraid can't provide any ETA as per support policies, please post this as a feature request on 3CX Ideas : http://www.3cx.com/ideas

Update to 14SP2, Hub is now supported.
Thanks

I have 14sp2 just updated. Installed the latest Plantronics HUB and I do not have 3CX in my soft phone list. Any suggestions because I did have it working with spokes in version 12. I also did all the updates for the HUB software after the install

I have tested several Plantronics devices with Hub and 3CX v14SP2 and they work as expected.

You do not need to select 3CX as a softphone in the Plantronics Hub app. All you need to do is make sure the headset is recognized in Plantronics Hub, then assign the audio in the 3CX Windows settings for Microphone and Speaker directly to the Plantronics headset (Settings/Audio Options/Audio Devices).

Hi,

I have the Blackwire 300, which is listed as officially supported. The answer/hang up call key doesn't work with 3cx14 SP1 and the latest version of plantronics hub, could someone offer some advice?

Thanks,
Richard

Support for Plantronics Hub was added in v14 SP2.

I purchased a Logitech H820e.

Did I make a mistake?

Hi Theorichk,
I'm afraid we don't have an integration for Logitech headsets so you will only be able to use them as audio peripherals without buttons interaction.

I have 25 computers (company and employee's personal machines), in multiple offices, all with different versions of Windows and we've tried a ton of different versions of the Plantronics Hub Software 3CX v14 sp2 and now on sp3, yet the answer button on all of our Blackwire 700 series headsets don't work. We've been dealing with this headache for months.

Plantronics isn't providing support on this because 3CX is considered plug-and-play with the headset and not through the Hub.

Plantronics says the 700 series is supported for both audio and remote call control, according to their compatibility guide: https://www.plantronics.com/us/media/do ... bility.pdf

Their guide also says the hub software is required, but on another page on their site is says that it is not required:
http://www.plantronics.com/us/support/s ... oftphones/

Support says it is compatible and connected to a sample machine, reinstalled the hub, reinstalled the 3CXPhone and then said I have to close 3CX, open 3CX, then open the Hub software in that particular order for it to work, but it still doesn't.

There is currently a compatibility issue with Plantronics Hub v3.8.x software. You will need to download and install the 3.7.x version:

http://www.plantronics.com/media/downloads/PlantronicsHubInstaller-3.7.1.exe

Make sure the 3CX app is closed when removing and installing the Plantronics software. Also, after installing Plantronics Hub 3.7.1, it will prompt to update to the latest version...don't update.

Thank you.

I wouldn't say it is a compatibility issue, more like 3CX's unwillingness to continue with the integration for call control with the v3.8 software. That is what Plantronics has told me.

Hello,
is there a plan to expand the compatibility to USB phones from Plantronics i.e. the 240 series?

We mainly use headsets but we have some areas where a handset would be more convenient. We are running a full win 10 network with 2012 Servers and have now tried several versions of the "Plantronics hub" and older versions like Spokes is simply not compatible with the OS (or demands more troubleshooting than we have time for.)

So from a strategic point of view could you say if you plan a integration with "Plantronics hub" in the near future or do we have to look for alternative solutions?

Kind Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lars001
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.