3CX phone for Windows problem on Terminal Server

Discussion in 'Windows' started by rgcab, Dec 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rgcab

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2014
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Can anyone help with this: We have installed the 3CX Phone for Windows client on a terminal server in our LAN. 3CX Phone clients from outside the LAN of the terminal server are able to connect to the 3CX Server without problem, either as a softphone or CTI mode, and display presence information as they should. The client on the terminal server will only connect in softphone mode, not CTI, and will not display presence information saying it could not connect to the 3CX Web API. A factor that may be involved with this is that we have multiple public IPs on the WAN the terminal server connects through, and the 3CX server shows that the client is attempting to connect over a different public IP every 30 seconds or so, using the entire range available.

    The client logs on the terminal server show that after trying and failing to make an https connection to the server on port 5001, which is not a problem, it tries again on the http port 5000, which should work, but it fails with the following errors. Normally at the point the error event is caught, the LoginCallback() should start:
    [30.12.2014 13:46:10.579][1] Connection failed. Endpoint changed to: http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xx:5000/MyPhone/MPWebService.asmx
    [30.12.2014 13:46:10.579][1] LoginToMyPhone() started
    [30.12.2014 13:46:10.579][1] Server URI: 'http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xx:5000/MyPhone/MPWebService.asmx'
    [30.12.2014 13:46:10.584][1] Created tmp channel = 47529299
    [30.12.2014 13:46:10.593][1] LoginToMyPhone() ended
    [30.12.2014 13:46:11.066][1] Error event caught, message: Cannot send request: Login
    [30.12.2014 13:46:11.068][1] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at MyPhoneClientChannelNet.Implementation.ClientChannelImpl.Request(IExtensible request)
    at MyPhoneClientChannelNet.Implementation.ClientChannelImpl.doLogin()
    at MyPhoneClientChannelNet.Implementation.ClientChannelImpl.RequestAsyncResult.<StartLogin>b__5(Object o)

    Does anyone have any clue about why the 3CX Phone client is failing to start correctly from this information, and what, if anything, we can do about? We would like to be able to start it in CTI mode and in particular have it display presence information.

    Thanks
     
  2. Vaucluse

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2013
    Messages:
    14
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi,

    Have you checked the following (anti-virus settings):
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/3cxphone-presence-self-help/

    Happy New Year
     
  3. rgcab

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2014
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yes, I have thanks. Although we do have AV software installed, the settings for this haven't changed since it was working before, so no reason to think it is involved now. Setting it to 'ignore' the 3CXWin8Phone exe doesn't help. We hadn't been using it for a while so it is difficult to pin down a particular network change but we have changed ISPs and consequently public IP addresses, and it is very clear that the fact the 3CXPhone is constantly switching IP addresses is a factor, if not the factor, in this problem. The 3CXMyPhoneServer logs show that the phone is establishing a connection on one IP address and before it has fully established the session and logged in, the server identifies that the IP address has changed.

    There has to be a firewall/routing issue at play here first of all, but have not encountered before a situation where an application is seemingly randomly choosing what IP address it wants to go out on, and changing it again with a few seconds.
     
  4. Vaucluse

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2013
    Messages:
    14
    Likes Received:
    0
    In my case clients from outside also had no problems, but the internal traffic was disturbed by the AV:
    F-Secure server edition.
    I have seen the same connection issues in the Terminal Server environment.
    Disabling the realtime scanner option "Scan and remove viruses from web traffic" did solve the problem.
    (not a firewall option, but a AV setting)
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.