• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Phone for Windows v12 SP1 and Jabra Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

brendan.helsham

Gold Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hello

I upgraded our server to v12 last week to make sure there weren't any gotchas prior to deploying for our clients. The biggest issue I found was with the 3CX Phone for Windows. I was no longer able to use my Jabra Pro 9400 series headset, unless I configured it to be the default audio device for everything.

Fortunately about 24 hours later, SP1 was released that re-introduced the ability to configure the audio settings such that you can specify the Microphone, Speaker and Ringing devices independently.

What I have now noticed is that when I receive a call, I am no longer able to simply pick up the headset from the cradle and have the call auto-answer without any further interaction. If I am already wearing the headset, I am not able to answer by pressing the button on the headset.

To answer an incoming call, I have to undock the headset, then I have to press the LCD screen to select the PC option and then click the Answer button on the 3CX Phone application with my mouse. This is really cumbersome, especially compared to the previous versions of the soft client. And, if I am wandering away from my desk and the phone rings, I cannot answer the call unless I run back to my desk, click the Answer button, press the right device on the LCD panel for the headset base station etc.

I was all set to dump my old Yealink Desk Phone, but now I have to keep it as the new soft client is bordering on unusable.

Has anyone else encountered these symptoms when using a headset like the Jabra? Surely this isn't how it is meant to be from now.

I have one of my biggest 3CX clients using these headsets for at least a dozen of their senior staff, and this will put a stop to deploying the new v12 software across the board if the guys can't continue to use the headsets like they are accustomed.

Any suggestions?

Cheers
-Brendan

Hi,

Did you get an answer to this ?

Thanks in advance
Iain

No. I have worked around it partially by using the V12 client in CTI mode and also installing the old V6 client to function as the soft phone. At least I can answer calls 'normally' again by just lifting the headset off the charge base or pressing the button if I am already wearing it.
Cheers

We're having the same problem. We want to ditch the phone entirely, but we've got to have a way to answer the phone when away from the desk. Moving back to the 6.0 client seems a major step backwards though. Are there any supported headsets for 3cxphone v12? Plantronics?

Maybe SP 3 will solve your issues-> Added Jabra support, with Plantronics support to follow soon. (Requires the Pro edition!)

Link:
http://www.3cx.com/blog/announcement/new-3cxphone-windows-update/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sd24mi
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.