Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx Phone for Windows

Discussion in 'Windows' started by GBM, Feb 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GBM

GBM

I successfully setup my 3cx phone for windows. My system is Windows 7, 3cX v 12, Outlook 2013. It all seems to be working except for one item.

When in Outlook contacts in "list" view I can right mouse click the contact and I get two options to dial the contact.

One option to dial is to select "call contact with 3cx" - If I select this it works.

However, the other option is "Call" - if I pick this one a dialog pops up for a new call. I understand I then would need to select dial options and then select "3CX TAPI Service Provider" however this option does not show up. How do I get the "3CX TAPI Service Provider" option to show up? I have ran the CRM integration tool. I would like to get this option working so I can dial a contact when the contact is open, not just in list view.

2. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

From all my experience you will have to dial using the call frmo 3cx option, when you integrate with Outlook it will also open a contact in outlook when they call.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. GBM

GBM

Thanks jpillow for the response. I think you are correct on this. This is how it is functioning for me.

The confusing part was that the 3cx setup instructions suggested otherwise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.