3cx Phone Hangs when starting

Discussion in 'Windows' started by slowloris, Mar 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slowloris

Mar 11, 2010
    I changed an option in the 3cx phone configuration and now it hangs when starting no matter what I do. I changed the option to use tunnel - not really knowing what I was doing as I am relatively new to VOIP and was just experimenting and since then the phone hangs when starting and I can't access the configuration menu of the 3cx phone because it turns grey when I select it and eventually ends with windows telling me the software is not responding.

What I want to know is where is the configuration file for the 3cx phone stored, surely I must be able to go into a file somewhere and manually change the option back to not use tunneling and the phone will start as it did before I changed that option. I am just not sure where to locate this file or what it is called.

I am using windows 7 if that helps narrow down the location of the file I need to change, unless it's stored in a database as opposed to a text file in which case it could be a bit more difficult.

I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the phone but it seems to pick up the last configuration still.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thankyou
  2. mfm

mfm Active Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Welcome to the community :!:

The location is as follows
    C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Local\3CX VoIP Phone
    Altough before you do delete them can you ZIP them up and then delete, so if it starts to work we can identify what settings where making it go wrong.
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Dec 12, 2008
    As Mark adviced above, you may manually edit 3CXVoipPhone.ini in the specified location. In the [General] section, look for ActiveProfile parameter, say ActiveProfile=X, then search for [ProfileX] and here locate UseTunnel parameter and set it to 0.

Also, is a fastest way to do this, run 3CXPhone by specifying "safemode" in the command line, like
    C:\Program Files\3CXPhone\3CXPhone.exe safemode
    It will open the phone directly in profile configuration mode, so you will be able to make changes from visual interface.

However, if you suppose tunnel settings as the reason of phone freezing, I would like to have a look, if is possible, to your original 3CXVoipPhone.ini file so, if you want, send it to me by PM, to try to understand what's happened.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.