3CX Phone icon in tray

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Driver3CX, Dec 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Driver3CX

It looks that the icon is not well prepared, WinXP resizes bigger icon from exe to 16x16 px format instead of using already prepared icon in that size. Please fix this.

2. mylove4life

mylove4life New Member

why would they bother with Win XP when it's going to be discontinued.

3. Driver3CX

Because this issue is also under Windows 7.

4. mylove4life

mylove4life New Member

I don't see a problem under 7 or 8

5. Driver3CX

Under my Windows 7 there is a problem. Look at the picture... 8|

Attached Files:

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It looks like there is a 3CX Icon in the tray. Is it that you want a different Icon to show instead? I'm not sure that I see what the problems is. You might just have to live with the Icon that is there. It seems to identify the application.

I've never noticed an issue in either Win XP, or Win 7, and I have a number of computers, running 3Cx phone with screens ranging from 10 inches to 22 inches.

Is it preventing the phone from working properly?

7. Driver3CX

Phone is working properly, but the icon seems to be resized from bigger size to 16x16 px format. There is an icon in 16x16 px format in 3CXPhone.exe file, so I'm just wondering why it is not used in tray area.

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I looked over them today, and the only Icon, that I can see, that differs, is the quick link in the tool bar. It is the only one that doesn't actually say "3CX" on it. All the others (desktop/active taskbar) do, which, I would think, would be preferable.
    I'm not sure what difference it really makes in the big scheme of things, but, you want the un-labled Icon, the one with two curved lines, used everywhere???

I mean , really, it's just an Icon, as long as you know what program it represents, and the program itself works, then,I don't see an issue. I guess you could always ask for your money back :) .

You could also suggest any changes in http://apps.facebook.com/threecxideas/

9. Driver3CX

I just want the icon (with "3CX" on it or not) in a proper size in a tray area. Now the icon is artificially reduced to the size of 16x16 px. There is no icon in 16x16 px format with "3CX" on it. You can check 8)

This is just a visual issue, but I think it is also important, at least for some users.

10. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Personally, I think you are making a "mountain out of a mole hill". Do I care , as a user, how many pixels an Icon is, as long as it shows as the same size as the other beside it and I can recognise what programme it is for... no, not in the least.

And what does "artificially reduced" mean? Almost everything you view, has been changed in some way to accommodate the myriad of screen sizes in use, so in reality, isn't it all "artificial"? Everything on a computer screen is just a picture made up of ones and zeros, there until the power is turned off.

Important in what way?? Is it eating up memory, causing your screen to malfunction, causing the application to fail, weight gain, hair loss, blindness,or numbness in the limbs?

To me, it looks just fine, and I've never seen this particular issue arise previously, but, it obviously bothers you.

I would suggest that you use the Facebook link, I provided, and submit a suggestion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.