• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Phone line in-use

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam_atmosphere

Reaction score
I have installed my 3CX very well and it really works. i have SPA941 as my phone. and a Grandstream GWX4104 as a PSTN Gateway with one line. I can receive an incoming as well as use outgoing. But my problem right now is when somebody is using the line how can i know that the line is in use. it end up that when im having a conversation then suddenly someone dials i have been cut off. how can i look the line if its in use.?

Thanks

The setting for the gateway should specify a maximum number of calls of 1 so that this doesn't happen.

I assume you are talking about someone picking up a POTS set that shares the PSTN line that the Gateway is plugged into ?
I had seen a small device that when put in series with each phone on a line, will prevent the second set from getting dialtone when another is using the line. Have a look at the first device (Telephone Line Isolator)on this site , is that the sort of thing you are looking for? http://www.cleanphone.com/Accessories/gifts.htm

There is also a line-in-use light, a bit further down the list.

I'm sure that there are a number of companies that make these sorts of things tailored to different counties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samuel_1997
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.