• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX phone loses config after logoff or reboot on 5 of our 67 computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkuhlman

Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone else has seen this. All of the workstations are Windows 7 Pro. The 3CX Windows Phone is losing it's config after logoff or reboot on 5 of the 67 computers. I've tried a different user profile (me) on a couple issues and it seems to happen on those same computers regardless of which using logs in. If I reprovision from the config file it works fine... Until the next reboot. All the computers are at the same patch level. The c:\program data\3cx phone for windows directory is exempted for the AV software (Vipre). Any one have any suggestions?

Hi,

please open the welcome email with the 3cx client, exit the 3cx client, start it again and then exit again.
Then reboot the computer and open the 3cx client again.
The configuration is not in the 3cx client ?
Please advice.

dkuhlman,

I posted something similar but only happens everyone once in awhile (once a month) running v12 with Windows 7 hosts. I have no clue what is going on here either but have just been living with it. Let me know if you discover anything

thanks

my original post:
http://www.3cx.com/forums/post174794.html?hilit=configuration%20file#p174794

We are having this same issue. Some clients just lose their configuration on logout/reboot. Double-clicking on config file restores it, but it keeps happening over and over. It's happening on both Win7 and Win10 clients.

Yes we have seen this appear on Win 10 systems.

As a short term fix we have placed the config file in Start Up so it runs every time a system is rebooted.

In the V14 3CX Phone client for Windows, after you load the Provisioning File for the first time, the first time only you have to go to the menu and press 'Exit Client' option so that the account is saved.

Try that and share if that is the case.

We have been experiencing the same issue as well. Some clients retain the configuration. Some do not. I don't recall if logging off of 3CXphone resolves the issue. I'll try it and let you know. Thank you!

same issue - on Windows 10 Ent.

OK, so there are 2 reasons I can possibly think why this could be happening:

1) The Account information for the 3CX Phone app are stored in C:\Users\<Windows Login>\AppData\Roaming\3CXPhone for Windows on the PC running the 3CX Phone. Sometimes when loading a Windows Profile from Active Directory, this folder is not saved and is always reset. If this happens, then each time the user logs in the account will be gone.

2) I mentioned this before, but I'll say it again as I have seen it many times, after you load the provisioning file into the 3CX Phone app, after doing and for the first time only you will have to exit the application from the menu option and shown below:

Attachments

• 3cx_client_menu.png
    3cx_client_menu.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 6,216
Exiting the program after applying the configuration file has fixed the issue on all problem systems. It still seems strange that not all systems were affected.

I am also having this problem.
The fix here seems to solve the problem but I am having problem with the google contacts being lost on log off or reboot.

Did you try doing the fix after signing into Google and syncing the contacts?

Just an update - the workaround suggested by Nick resolved the issue. We must log off of 3CXPhone the first time the provisioning file is loaded for it to keep the config.

Thank you!,

--John

Just thought I should update this topic, manually exiting the 3CXPhone app after provisioning it for the first time will not be necessary after one of the upcoming updates.

Im having the same problem, can someone tell me what update fixes this issue? What version of the 3CX phone system or the 3CX Windows Phone app itself?

In V14 SP3 you shouldn't have this problem, if you do it is probably something else, like e.g. the confif file of the 3CXPhone being deleted or purged from some reason which is located in %appdata%\3CXPhone for Windows\ on the PCs running the 3CXPhone app.

Just wanted to say we ran into this also. Using the exit application workaround solves the problem. We've also seen that the position of the 3cx phone application's screen coordinates stick when you exit... we've had a few problems with employees who have external monitors who take their laptop with them and the 3cx app is off in la la land thinking there is still the external monitor attached. (This was on windows 8, surface pro 3).
Moving the 3cx app to the main monitor, then exiting the program, seems to solve that problem.

tlachaus said:
we've had a few problems with employees who have external monitors who take their laptop with them and the 3cx app is off in la la land thinking there is still the external monitor attached. (This was on windows 8, surface pro 3).
Moving the 3cx app to the main monitor, then exiting the program, seems to solve that problem.
I've ran into this too a few times, but found a nice easy way to get it back, while the app is open and maximized and shows up on the taskbar, while holding down the Shift key right-click on the 3CXPhone and then select "Move", then just use one of the arrow keys and the 3CXPhone windows should snap right where the cursor is... :)

NickD_3CX said:
I've ran into this too a few times, but found a nice easy way to get it back, while the app is open and maximized and shows up on the taskbar, while holding down the Shift key right-click on the 3CXPhone and then select "Move", then just use one of the arrow keys and the 3CXPhone windows should snap right where the cursor is... :)

Thank you for this trick Nick! Awesome!

Looks idealy we should post a log for 3CX Phone for further investigation. But can you confirm that you have enough disk space on your host/machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.