3CX phone on a BB Playbook?

Discussion in 'Android' started by leejor, Mar 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Given that the recent firmware update for the Blackberry Playbook will allow the use of (some?) Android Apps, has anyone tried installing/running the 3CX phone App? I'm not sure what Android "release" it sees itself as.

If I had one I'd try it myself.

2. mylove4life

mylove4life New Member

Dont see the point in one for BB

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I haven't played around with one yet so I'm not familiar with it's abilities or limitations. I would assume that you would have to use it in conjunction with a bluetooth headset, if supported.

Just "throwin' it out there"

4. Michael Sagash

I just downloaded a SIP client from App World on my PlayBook called Kuzaranda. It seems to work well so far, though I have only tested to the point of registering on my 3CX server and placing a couple test calls. It costs $2.99, and is well worth it if you want to use your PlayBook as a phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Just a follow-up...

I did an on-line conversion of a couple versions of the 3CXPhone (Android) APK file. it has to be converted to a BAR file to be installed on the BB Playbook.

I installed both, but in each case (unfortunate), they refuse to start properly, and had to be removed. Oh well, it was worth a try. One actually gave me a message that "it will not run on a rooted device", which is odd, since my android phone, which has run all versions just fine, is rooted.

Rumours are, that BB OS 10 may be available for the Playbook, if i do end up being able to install that, then i will try again and see if the results are different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.