• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx Phone on Android 2.1 (HTC Hero)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccomley

Reaction score
I'm trying to get tunnel access working.

3CX Phone on my HTC Hero works fine over WiFi inside the office.

But i'd quite like it to work on the road.

So far, it simply refuses to register via the tunnel.

The firewall doesn't report any contact.

I've checked the firewall is open on 5090 and NAT mapped correctly, and the server responsd (using GRC Shields UP!) - that test so far is the only traffic to the IP/Port that the firewall is showing in the log.

This is over Mobile by the way, havn't tried it with an external WiFi connection yet.

Any known issues???

(Pbx is V10 SP5. 3CX Phone is 1.3.3 - I'll try grabbing 1.3.4 later one. HTC Hero is on Android 2.1-update-1 - the latest and last, AIUI, for this model.)

Try getting it to work using external WiFi, first, as 3G and the like, can introduce "other" issues.

1.3.4 was no better. Will try it when next near an external WiFi I can use. Which is probably over Xmas at the in-laws. :)

I have now tried to get 3CX Phone on Android connecting to my tunnel via both 3G and WiFi, from remote locations. Totally without joy.

I successfully connected my laptop's 3CX Phone over the same WiFi link, so I know the tunnel is working and that there was no issue with the remote site's router, firewal, or ISP upsetting the traffic.

I'm surprised that there is no logging/debugging on the Android taht I can see for the app.

The firewall at the "PBX" end of the link doesn't register the attempt to connect on 5090, so whatever's breaking, is at the far (i.e. android) end.

Any suggestions welcome.

Did you ever get the Android working on (remote) WiFi, NOT using the tunnel?

Havn't tried - not opening up external ports for that, that's the whole point of the tunnel.

Just assuming teh Android 3CX software is crap and have moved on.

Well, you have to open port 5090 for the tunnel to work.

How are you defining the server, by IP or a domain name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.