3CX Phone on V12 pop up

Discussion in 'Windows' started by nickjhunt, Oct 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickjhunt

I have some clients where an incoming call will trigger the phone client to pop up stealing focus. This is casing issues as the users get interrupted when they are typing. This was an upgrade from V11 but it is only happening on 3 clients. The other clients do not pop up. Cannot find anything in config to change this behaviour. Can I turn it off anywhere?

2. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi Nickjhunt,

The 3CXPhone Client will steal focus if the presence screen, is in focus. if you have another window on top of the full screen presence the application will not steal focus. Can you please confirm that this is as described?

Best Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nickjhunt

This does not appear to be the case. The 3cx phone steals focus when the users are typing, so they are using word outlook, CRM, etc. the presence screen will be minimised during these operations.

Note there are about 15 users and this only ocurrs on 3 or 4 machines. 3CXphone client have been re-installed with no change to the issue. ALl other users are fine. 3CXphone glows nicely in its minimised state when an incoming call happens.

4. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

I concur, my CTI stole focus on me today. Other than the upgrade to SP2 yesterday, I have changed nothing.. been too busy with Server 2012 R2 upgrade options.. ;)

Completely aside.. not clear why 3CXPhone 12 cannot create DTMF correctly.. it really sounds dumb compared to v6.. but that's off-topic I suppose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.