3CX phone on windows cannot control Phone

Discussion in 'Windows' started by stobby256, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stobby256

Hi All,

Grateful of some help here :O

3CX phone installed on a windows PC, connected to an existing 3CX 12 system. Provisioned OK...

When I control the Yealink T20P, (CTI) the phone gives me a warning saying its under control. Fine! That's what I want.

However, that is all that happens. I click on some digits and hit dial, and nothing dials at all. I can access the phone book, but again nothing dials, no error message etc. I thought I could use the dialler to dial a number and then pickup the phone to continu a acall.

As its a Yealing T20P, it does not support the 3CX phone book although when you hit the phonebook button it says its there but then followed by a 'none' message.

Help, someone :)

2. rogueblackburn

Firmware updated on the Yealink? Now handled via the phones node, select a provisioned phone, then upper right corner from the drop down select firmware upgrade. Must have valid maintenance insurance for this nifty feature though

3. oli123

Same problem than stobby256

I've installed the firmware version 7. 7.70.0.103 (Supported by 3CX Phone System) from the Yealink Web site. (Same think for a T38G, but with firmware 38.70.0.105 (Supported by 3CX Phone System)).

The 3CXphone is connected to the 3CX System server, but I cannot launch any call from the 3CXphone. The yealink do not seems to be managed (CTI).

I tried to Upgrade the Firmware from the 3CX Management console, but I didn't get any version available.
    Finally I reset to default factory the phone and I provisioned it with 3CX. (not a manual config of the phone as before)
    After that, I got a FW version available in the 3CX Mgmt Console: 7.70.0.168 for T22 (38.70.0.168 fot T38G) that I applied to my phones.
    These FW versions are not available on the Yealink web site ??? :O

I didn't works directly. I needed to disable the Kaspersky protection to get the message on the phone requesting authorization for CTI and then to get the CTI working.

It's really frustrating to resume that in few lines when I spent 3 days to get it working after many trials.
    I didn't find any documentation on that anywhere and very confusing with the Yealing FW version posted on their website.
    Strange when we read: "Yealink and 3CX Shake Hands on a Long-Term Strategic Partnership" on main page of 3C website....

An other point: in regards with the first result I got when I just migrate to V12 and discover this new 3cxPhone, I wanted to downgrade to V11. IMPOSSIBLE: my licenses is not valid anymore, because is register for V12... :evil:

4. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi Oli123,

Please use the 3CX Management Console only to upgrade the phone firmware. This ensures that the particular firmware has been tested extensively by 3CX and will work flawlessly with 3CX 12. If you have further inquiries and questions please let us know.

Best Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. iteze

I had problems too but assumed it must be something odd in my system.

I used this feature AndreasP recommended to upgrade the firmware version 7.70.0.168 for my T22p phones and it all worked fine straight away. Thanks for the tip.

Maybe put this in to the CTI instructions at http://www.3cx.com/3CXPhone/Windows/Manual/CTI/ That would clear a lot of support calls from us new converts. ;-)

6. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi iteze,

glad to be of help, if you have any further questions please let us know.

Best Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.