• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX phone - pinned to taskbar unable to open by double click [bug]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreyP

Free User
Reaction score
When pinned to taskbar - double click on application icon is simply doing nothing, the circle is spinning but the application does not show up. Checked on multiple boxes with Win10.

Last edited:
Hello AndreyP,

When you double-click the shortcut for the first time(that means when the 3CX phone is not running at all, not even in the background-you can check that on task manager>>processes) the phone will start and show up on screen in order to register. Then if you click the X button the phone goes in the background (it does not shut down), in order to bring it back on the screen you have to go at the right bottom of the task bar,click the little arrow and click the phone to come back on the screen. Double clicking the shortcut starts the phone so when the phone is on and in the background it won't show up on the screen because is already running.

Last edited:
IoannisM_3CX,

Thanks but this is not what I'm talking about. I created a video for you - https://www.screencast.com/t/DeSp93wdt
The issue is - pinned to taskbar 3cxPhone does not behaive like other regular Windows apps, actually it's doing nothing when application is closed to background. People used to have over 30+ applications int the background and the most used of them are placed as "Pinned to taskbar" for quick access, without clicking on the arrow ar making all of them appear with a looong string of applications.

Hi AndreyP,

Thank you for the explanation video but i will ask you to read my previous post again. The explanation i gave you applies for the 3CX phone and only and how the specific application works. When you click the application for the first time it starts running,and by clicking the X button sends it in the background. Clicking again the pin shortcut won't bring it up on the screen, to do that you have to click it from the task bar where is running on the background. Thank you

Ok, so you say that it this is how 3CX for Windows should work? Confuse customers by unpredicted behavior (other application, which works in a background (Skype, Viber, Slack, Eyebeam, Fonality, Teamviewer) will always bring its window to the front in case making a click to the pinned icon, but not 3cx...)
The reason i'm writing this here - i want to share with 3CX user expirience and make it better.

Hi AndreyP,

Although the behavior is not unpredicted as any time you do the same procedure it will always need to be clicked from the task-bar to come on the screen from the background, but thank you for sharing your experience and you can always post your idea of how the application should behave in the ideas section of the forum in order to be voted and evaluated by the appropriate department.

Last edited:
I said unpredicted because:
1) Application is running and hidden in the task bar (image over 30+ icons there and every time you need to do a call you need to open the whole list)
2) You have an icon pinned to task bar, which should be a dedicated button supposed to always launch/bring to the top 3CX phone to fasten the call dial.
3) You do a click and... nothing happens, at all. For any user, experienced or not it will be treated as defect or even a bug...

When pinned to taskbar - double click on application icon is simply doing nothing, the circle is spinning but the application does not show up. Checked on multiple boxes with Win10.

This does seem to be a bug. We'll look into fixing this in a future service pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.