Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX Phone Provisioning

Discussion in 'Windows' started by jlabuelo, Feb 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlabuelo

Good Morning

We have 3CX as PBX system and in each of the pc's we use we have configured the 3CX VOIP Phone with the extension given.
    We would like to get a configuration in the central 3CX PBX system that would make for each extension to be able to call from a given pc.

This would act like a security layer for our architecture. I have seen in the 3CX PBX systing under Extensions-Phone Provisioning hat you can limit the extension to a SIP phone adding the model and mac address. We have done this with a couple of Linksys SPA922 we have, but I am not able to reproduce this situatin with the 3XC VoIP Phone we have installed in each pc.

¿Is this possible?, if so could you please point me how?

Thanks a lot mates

2. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

when you enter a model and phone type we dont restrict it to this phone rather create a provisioning file for this phone with its mac to auto provision. this is not an restriction that only this phone can reg. to this ext. All ext in the pbx support sip forged id and cant be disabled at present setup.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jlabuelo

Hi Stefan

Thanks a lot for the help. Just to confirm your post, what I am understanding is that the way I have configured the provisioning for this extension, is not limiting the registration for the extension to be done only with the phone with the mack I have entered right?.

Is there any way I can configure the 3CX PBX so extensions can be only registered from the pc with the mac address given?

Thanks a lot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.